Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your SHOES !!!

i have several pairs of red wings and these are one of my faves. they take a while to break in, but are comfy regardless. i got mine from sierra trading and at $199 was the cheapest price i've found.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Thank you for the color.

I checked on the boots at Sierra Trading. The 8083 Muleskinner model that you bought (and I want) seem to mistaking listed as the 8111 model - did you find this as well? I just want to make sure I don't buy the wrong model.

Also, what was your experience with the "2nd's:" was it only minor blemishes as Sierra states?

Thank you so much for helping.

rockascout

New in Town
Thank you for the color.

I checked on the boots at Sierra Trading. The 8083 Muleskinner model that you bought (and I want) seem to mistaking listed as the 8111 model - did you find this as well? I just want to make sure I don't buy the wrong model.

Also, what was your experience with the "2nd's:" was it only minor blemishes as Sierra states?

Thank you so much for helping.
http://www.sierratradingpost.com/re...ng-iron-ranger/&merch=prod-rec-prod-prod6766V

hawthorne is the style i got.

as for seconds, i don't see anything wrong with mine at all.

http://www.sierratradingpost.com/red-wing-heritage-8111-iron-ranger-cap-toe-boots-factory-2nds-for-men~p~6766v/?filterString=s~red-wing-iron-ranger/&merch=prod-rec-prod-prod6766V

hawthorne is the style i got.

as for seconds, i don't see anything wrong with mine at all.

Thank you. One last question (I promise), size-wise, Red Wing says to order down a half to a hole size from your usual size - what was your experience?

DJH

I'll Lock Up
My old (long departed) grandmother would have been unimpressed with me wearing green and blue together, but I think Allen Edmunds casual shoes are just the job for warm days.

1f1fd468e9d4339049f8478b3b552c15.jpg

Cheers!
David

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Vintage Endwell Endicott Johnson Co leather mesh shoes out and about today. Lovely fitting and wearing shoes.

i-8LKht9c-L.jpg

Best, Eric -
Those are sublime. I just invested in a couple of pairs of AE's weaves and was wondering about the history of woven formal shoes. I read on StyleForum that they weren't traditional, but I could swear seeing them years and years ago.

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
While I was at it, I also went for the Shelton Saddle shoes in black and burgundy (nice tax return this tear). I just bought them on AE's Ebay page and am anxiously awaiting their arrival. Anyone have any experience with them?

Isshinryu101

One Too Many
Those are sublime. I just invested in a couple of pairs of AE's weaves and was wondering about the history of woven formal shoes. I read on StyleForum that they weren't traditional, but I could swear seeing them years and years ago.

Styleforum don't know vintage shoes! LOL.

The style first came out (as far back as I can find) in the late 1930's. Some popularity in the 40's & 50's.

Dnewma04

One of the Regulars
Have you done the coloring or did you purchase them that way?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Shooman

Practically Family
That picture was taken in the sun and was brighter than usual. The colouring is slightly altered on that pair, but it was always quite red in that photo.

The group of colourful shoes above are the true colours.

Last edited:

Bushman

I'll Lock Up
Got new sandals, as my old ones the rubber on the inside is rubbing away, making the bottom of my feet blackened:
UQdh5A1.jpg

Dnewma04

One of the Regulars
That picture was taken in the sun and was brighter than usual. The colouring is slightly altered on that pair, but it was always quite red in that photo.

The group of colourful shoes above are the true colours.

Oh, I knew they were real, just wasn't sure if you did the dye work. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pablosstuff