Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your SHOES !!!

crawlinkingsnake

A-List Customer
With outside work finished, now all about couple ole favorites. Two tone Giorgio Brutini and Sperry Gold Cups. Comfy and stylish.

Dec 2017 003.jpg

JC ECHEVERRY

New in Town
Sorry..... Anti fashionable alert this time!....... This boots dont even have a brand..... i found them in a flea market made by a guy who sold very cheap but good looking shoes and boots ( i never found him again after that day) ...... I thought they would fall apart very quickly so i didnt have many expectations on them..... well.... its been 3 years and they dont even need a resole yet....... they may not be the most gorgeous or have a big badass brand, but they have proven to be very durable and i learned to appreciate them. ( i love how they look being old and all).

Dlaniger

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Sorry..... Anti fashionable alert this time!....... This boots dont even have a brand..... i found them in a flea market made by a guy who sold very cheap but good looking shoes and boots ( i never found him again after that day) ...... I thought they would fall apart very quickly so i didnt have many expectations on them..... well.... its been 3 years and they dont even need a resole yet....... they may not be the most gorgeous or have a big badass brand, but they have proven to be very durable and i learned to appreciate them. ( i love how they look being old and all).
Nice!

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
New Vintage Shoe day at my house!

I would like to introduce my new (to me) 1930 Spectators. Roberts Johnson and Rand made these in the 1930's. Grey and green with gorgeous details. The green hue is truly "spectacular, " even for spectators.

i-gCgqrrG-S.jpg

i-dTmczWZ-M.jpg

The shoes arrived this morning and I removed some old built up wax. Then the leather has been soaking in conditioner. The soles cleaned and conditioned. I have ordered and am waiting for some Saphir shoe polish and creams I believe will match these shoes.

i-Q8fSSpm-M.jpg

i-3rrDjt5-M.jpg

My cobbler was contacted early this week and we have an appointment for next week. I will have him review the shoes. I expect, like other vintage shoes, these will have to have the heels replaced, insoles made and a new insert for the heel created. The insoles and heel will make the shoes be able to be gently worn. As with other shoes I will have all the original parts saved. This afternoon I dropped the orginal box off to an archivist to have her work with the box preservation.

i-KdmhtsV-M.jpg

i-wQwtNpG-M.jpg

The soles will be covered with a rubbers sole. My cobbler has done this with other shoes and has been very careful so as not to hurt the ability to have them come back to original condition.

This pair of shoes I intend to gently wear.

Thanks for taking a look and stay tuned for future shots of them being worn.

Best, Eric -

Dlaniger

My Mail is Forwarded Here
New Vintage Shoe day at my house!

I would like to introduce my new (to me) 1930 Spectators. Roberts Johnson and Rand made these in the 1930's. Grey and green with gorgeous details. The green hue is truly "spectacular, " even for spectators.

i-gCgqrrG-S.jpg

i-dTmczWZ-M.jpg

The shoes arrived this morning and I removed some old built up wax. Then the leather has been soaking in conditioner. The soles cleaned and conditioned. I have ordered and am waiting for some Saphir shoe polish and creams I believe will match these shoes.

i-Q8fSSpm-M.jpg

i-3rrDjt5-M.jpg

My cobbler was contacted early this week and we have an appointment for next week. I will have him review the shoes. I expect, like other vintage shoes, these will have to have the heels replaced, insoles made and a new insert for the heel created. The insoles and heel will make the shoes be able to be gently worn. As with other shoes I will have all the original parts saved. This afternoon I dropped the orginal box off to an archivist to have her work with the box preservation.

i-KdmhtsV-M.jpg

i-wQwtNpG-M.jpg

The soles will be covered with a rubbers sole. My cobbler has done this with other shoes and has been very careful so as not to hurt the ability to have them come back to original condition.

This pair of shoes I intend to gently wear.

Thanks for taking a look and stay tuned for future shots of them being worn.

Best, Eric -
Spectacular spectators indeed, Eric. Love the green cap and heel. You never cease to amaze me with all of your cool stuff!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GokhanB