Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your SHOES !!!

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Awesome Eric, I love the color and the spade soles. Amazing find.

Fantastic Eric, shoes of my dreams

Thanks for the kind comments Richard. I do feel honored to be able to house these shoes and gently wear them. Keep your eyes pealed as their have been some grand vintage shoes sold in the past 6 months. Grails are available.

Happy hunting. Best, Eric -

Mean Eyed Matt

One Too Many
Full brogue Oxfords in dark (reddish) brown by Clarks:
31442157cw.jpg

31442158ec.jpg

Wuj

New in Town
Thanks for sharing the shell boots. Gorgeous rolls starting in the horse leather. Brand? Model? Interesting lace pattern. Is the lace pattern comfortable?

Thanks again for sharing. Best, Eric -
Thanks,
These are Vass, on Peter last, Budapest. Bespoke, but I took the patern from Edward Green Galway and put some changes. Cordovan from Horween.
I prefer cross lacing, especially its better to shell where laces touch the leather.

regius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The Shoemart is restocking the Alden 405 and alerted me that the previous "generation" is coming to an end, meaning that the cowhide color is changing. They had two pairs of the previous color left, the darkish brown, the new batch will all be in the pumpkin color (again)! However, don't fret, as the pumpkin color will darken, my first pair three years ago was the pumpkin (the previous odd pumpkin batch) but they look very nice now.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Apologies in advance for all who tune in for more of my vintage shoe acquisitions.

New shoe day at my house. A "modern" pair of Aldens longings.

i-CXR8gKr-M.jpg

I would like to introduce a new calf skin pair of Alden Longwings. My shoe rack does not have modern brown gunboats. Brown hues are, IMO, opinion under-rated. The hue can be worn with most colors hued slacks casually.

I do have a pair of 1940's Canadian John McHale cap toe gunboats in a brown shell. They are GREAT! But the vintage and shell characteristcs find me wearing them on special occasions of carefully watching the weather. I wished for a pair with an aggressive sole and ready for Minnesota weather.

i-BmmZDTF-M.jpg

On with the new. The solid weight, shank insole and leather insides are just what my feet anticipated. The aggressive lug sole will work very well in my neighborhood. All expectations met. Like all of my gunboats I add a tongue pad. The pad gives a bit more cushion to the top of my foot. I have broken the bones in the navicular arch in each foot in different accidents and the extra cushion has them comfy. The last of these gunboats works great!

i-7k6q52H-M.jpg

i-fmJBQkr-M.jpg

Calfskin was my deliberate choice. Durability, ease of care, shoes that can pair casual dress easily. The above pics easily highlight visual comparisons with Horween Shell (Alden Shortwings).

My vintage shoes are appreciated. Gently worn and proudly worn for special occasions. The Alden gunboats join a couple other gunboat pairs for everyday use.

Thanks for letting me share, yet again. On with the vintage show.

Best to all, Eric -

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Apologies in advance for all who tune in for more of my vintage shoe acquisitions.

New shoe day at my house. A "modern" pair of Aldens longings.

i-CXR8gKr-M.jpg

I would like to introduce a new calf skin pair of Alden Longwings. My shoe rack does not have modern brown gunboats. Brown hues are, IMO, opinion under-rated. The hue can be worn with most colors hued slacks casually.

I do have a pair of 1940's Canadian John McHale cap toe gunboats in a brown shell. They are GREAT! But the vintage and shell characteristcs find me wearing them on special occasions of carefully watching the weather. I wished for a pair with an aggressive sole and ready for Minnesota weather.

i-BmmZDTF-M.jpg

On with the new. The solid weight, shank insole and leather insides are just what my feet anticipated. The aggressive lug sole will work very well in my neighborhood. All expectations met. Like all of my gunboats I add a tongue pad. The pad gives a bit more cushion to the top of my foot. I have broken the bones in the navicular arch in each foot in different accidents and the extra cushion has them comfy. The last of these gunboats works great!

i-7k6q52H-M.jpg

i-fmJBQkr-M.jpg

Calfskin was my deliberate choice. Durability, ease of care, shoes that can pair casual dress easily. The above pics easily highlight visual comparisons with Horween Shell (Alden Shortwings).

My vintage shoes are appreciated. Gently worn and proudly worn for special occasions. The Alden gunboats join a couple other gunboat pairs for everyday use.

Thanks for letting me share, yet again. On with the vintage show.

Best to all, Eric -
Always a pleasure to see and read about your selections.

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
The original shoe soles....now you can see why I replaced the soles and heels....vintage fully leather lined shoes by Foot Joy....hard to beat for comfort and real Vintage style.

Attachments

• white shoes.jpg
    white shoes.jpg
    263.9 KB · Views: 116

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana