Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your SHOES !!!

undertaker

Practically Family
Limited Collection

Here are a couple of shots of my favorites.

2toneshoes.png

Allen Edmonds Broadstreets

solidwing-tip.png

Florshiem Royale Imperials. These are my everyday work shoes. According to a friend in the mens clothing business the Black ones are from the 50's and the Brown ones are from the
60's.

Regards,
J.S.

The Shooman

Practically Family
Why can't more men wear shoos like us? [huh] Only about 1% of men would wear welted footwear. Shoos tell more about a person than any other piece of clothing. First thing l do [when l see a man] is sneak a peep at his footwear.

All the pictures posted of the longwings here are awesome.

kools

Practically Family
These are all quite impressive. Each of you would be guaranteed to make a good first impression with me.

Shooman: Is there a thread where you discuss your thoughts & philosophies on shoe care? I've seen small fragments, but I'd love to see all thoughts in one place.

cookie

I'll Lock Up
I agree re the Nettletons

But some (all jealousy) of Marc Chevalier's shoes are awesome. Particularly the Deco infuenced ones and the awesome cordovan 30s oxfords.

Compared to a lot of the rubbish nowadays it shows - simplicity and good construction - less is best!

JamesT1

Familiar Face
undertaker said:
Here are a couple of shots of my favorites.

2toneshoes.png

Allen Edmonds Broadstreets

solidwing-tip.png

Florshiem Royale Imperials. These are my everyday work shoes. According to a friend in the mens clothing business the Black ones are from the 50's and the Brown ones are from the
60's.

Regards,
J.S.

I almost bought the brown shoes this last weekend.

Everyone here has such an amazing collection of footwear. I, being a poor student, only have a few pairs of decent shoes (shoos) which I may post an image of in the near future.

RAF Man

One of the Regulars
These are a selection of my better pairs of shoes.
The left pair are some Tim Little London plain shoes, and the right hand pair are also plain fronted shoes by Crockett and Jones

DSCF1003.jpg

The black pair of Oxford ToeCap shoes are my RAF issued parade shoes which are made by Church/Cheaney but are not allowed to display the name because they are made under military contract.They are bulled up using Kiwi parade gloss polish. In fact I use this on all my shoes as well as ordinary Kiwi black or brown. The toecaps are polished and are not patent leather, and were very dulled when acquired new, and take quite some bulling to get to this level, and a bit more is still required.
The brown pair of toecap Oxfords are a pair of 30 yr old Trickers shoes which I found in a charity shop for 5 pounds. What a find!, they had only been worn once or twice.

DSCF1002.jpg

The final 2 pairs are my pride and joy. For someone like myself to have a pair of John Lobb shoes at 1500 pound a pair can only be dreamed of or can only be realised after a lottery win, but to have 2 pairs is just unthinkable. I acquired them via an inheritance from a very wealthy land owner who was disposing of his estate which included most of his clothing.
I get asked how can you wear them knowing how much they cost? Well you have to just put it out of your mind, and in all honesty, they cost me nothing, but, I will not wear them if it is wet/snowing/muddy etc. Just wear them and enjoy them. I even loaned the pair on the left to a good friend for his wedding!

DSCF1001.jpg

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Spit and Polish - Lad!

I remember well in the military cadets at school how we envied anyone that could spit shine their boots to glass like quality. It can be done with hard work and elbow grease.

My latest purchase a set of Peals from Brooks

I will have to be careful with the polish. Is the answer to make a template of the canvas part and then put same over the vamp when polishing the fronts?

Hammelby

One of the Regulars
kools said:
These are all quite impressive. Each of you would be guaranteed to make a good first impression with me.

Shooman: Is there a thread where you discuss your thoughts & philosophies on shoe care? I've seen small fragments, but I'd love to see all thoughts in one place.

Thats a very good idea to start a thread on shoecare, please link it when its up. All of you, impressive display of footwear.. i am in awe.. :eusa_clap

RAF Man

One of the Regulars
cookie said:
I will have to be careful with the polish. Is the answer to make a template of the canvas part and then put same over the vamp when polishing the fronts?

Hi Cookie, not quite sure what you mean. Does the shoe have a toecap/captoe?, if not then yes I think I get what you mean, if you want a straight line across the front then that is the best thing to do.
I guess you can get hold of Kiwi shoe polish in Sydney, it's globally available, but it is the best, according to RAF thinking.
Also, you need to polish shoes in cool place,(below 65f) difficult I know in Australia, but no problem in UK!. Try and do it at night, in garage/basement, even put your polished shoes, but yet un worked, in a fridge for an hour, before starting to work on the polish, and finish off under cold running water with cotton wool. Hope I'm not teaching you to suck eggs here! Apology if I am.

Orgetorix

Call Me a Cab
cookie said:

For polishing the toecap, I'd just put a bit of masking tape across the vamp right next to the cap--like you're masking off trim to paint a wall. The quarters would be harder to do this way, but you might be able to get it to work.

RAF Man

One of the Regulars
cookie said:

Now I understand, I see your picture of those great shoes. Yes, must certainly mask off that canvas because you'll never get the polish of it otherwise.

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Masking Tape Trick

Thanks guys.

There is the fantastic new masking tape they have invented recently - blue colour- which tears off in a thrice and leaves no residue and - incidentally for DIYers - if pulled straight off it leaves a perfect tradesman quality straight line.

The Shooman

Practically Family
cookie said:
I remember well in the military cadets at school how we envied anyone that could spit shine their boots to glass like quality. It can be done with hard work and elbow grease.

l can spitshine mine to glass. Takes about 4 - 5 hours. l don't agree with spitshining, so l don't do it anymore.

RAF MAN: nice TL's, crockets and totally awesome Lobbs.

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
I just got these in today. Size 12-1/2 A, my size. Finally, a pair of shoes that isn't too wide. I love the color.

Any idea as to the age?

IMG_4242.jpg

IMG_4245.jpg

IMG_4246.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana