Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your suits

rcb31768

New in Town
Button sleeves on suits and sport coats.

I have a very nice 2 button navy blazer (Burberry), I just took it to a good taylor and he made the sleeves into button ones. He is an older gentleman, yes my dad went to him years ago. He informed me that they are called surgeon sleeves, and the got the name from yes you guessed it, doctors buttoning up their jacket sleeves to go to work. Take it for what its worth, yes I am a new user and this is my first post.

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Since Dan's here, I have to share a really cool pic of him in some of his vintage:
dan01.jpg

Vanessa

One Too Many
Hi - just thought I'd bust in for a minute (I'm.new.here) and say, "you all look very snazy."

So.

You all look very snazy.

jake431

Practically Family
How long is that jacket, about hip-length? If so, I think I've seen one, or one very similar before. If it's what I think it is, it's a 40's sportswear horsehide jacket. Man sportswear was so much cooler then.

-Jake

Wild Root

Gone Home
Great coat Dan and a very cool photo! But, I must remind you guys this is about suits. There is a flight jacket thread or two in jackets. ;)

Let’s try and stay on track ok :)

Root
brpinstripedtweedsuit28gh.jpg

Wild Root

Gone Home
Grosse.

Lauren, good job! That photo of Dan in his white suit is just perfect.

I don't think Dan was looking for a TV Preacher look. I’d say it’s more of a 1930's villain in a movie.

Regardless, good photo!

Root.

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Yeah. I think he looks pretty dapper, myself!

I was referring to the "angelic" pose he was striking more than anything else ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk