Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your Swirl dresses!

TexasTawny001

New in Town
Swirl

I'd love a swirl!! They look so comfy! And I love that they'd be somewhat adjustable!! Do you think they'd work for maternity?

I wish I could find a swirl style pattern and/or a modern swirl reproduction!! Any suggestions?

TexasTawny001

New in Town
vintage_jayhawk said:
There is a purple swirl on there that I've had my eye on for months!

You must be speaking of this darling swirl!
c84b4a3e.jpg

I've had my eye on it too!! So cute! I can see myself in it now... Alas my budget doesn't allow for it right now :(

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
TexasTawny001 said:
I'd love a swirl!! They look so comfy! And I love that they'd be somewhat adjustable!! Do you think they'd work for maternity?

Not unless you'd like showing the world your bum after about 4 months in! Swirls can be positively indecent if they don't have enough wrapover! lol

Ms Sew-n-Sew

One of the Regulars
Fleur De Guerre said:
Not unless you'd like showing the world your bum after about 4 months in! Swirls can be positively indecent if they don't have enough wrapover! lol

Oh yes! I tend to wear a slip under mine, especially on windy days lol

TexasTawny001

New in Town
Fleur De Guerre said:

I had thought of wearing a slip, But I never thought about the bum showing! Lol! Quite obviously not ok for maternity! Lol!!

Where do most of you ladies buy your slips? The ones in stores now seem so dull, boring, & uncomfortable!!

Foofoogal

Banned
Thank you for showing my purple Swirl. I also have another unique Swirl there that zips up. I have never seen another Swirl that zips up.

Nothing is in stone on my site. I love to work with people. I also have slips.
[huh]

TexasTawny001

New in Town
Foofoogal said:
Thank you for showing my purple Swirl. I also have another unique Swirl there that zips up. I have never seen another Swirl that zips up.

Nothing is in stone on my site. I love to work with people. I also have slips.
[huh]

Oh how I do love that purple swirl!! I'm trying to get the Mister (well future mister in about a month!) to let me get it! He just can't see logic in paying the price for a swirl. (Heck, Id prob give my right arm for the perfect swirl!)Men!

:eek:fftopic:
**Off Topic**
Foofoogal- you have a yellow slip I just adore!! Unfortunatly it's not my size! :( I've been looking everywhere for a canary yellow slip!! I have this adorable kaki dress that just needs a yellow slip to go with the yellow belt, shoes & purse! I also want a yellow hat & gloves for it!!

crwritt

One Too Many
TexasTawny001 said:

I wish I could find a swirl style pattern and/or a modern swirl reproduction!! Any suggestions?

Here is a cute maternity pattern on Etsy with a similar feel as the swirl
il_430xN.169391417.jpg

and another... I actually have this one in my collection.
il_430xN.113712463.jpg

TexasTawny001

New in Town
crwritt said:
Here is a cute maternity pattern on Etsy with a similar feel as the swirl
il_430xN.169391417.jpg

and another... I actually have this one in my collection.
il_430xN.113712463.jpg

Thanks! Those are Devine! In an old Sears Catalog, I saw several cute dresses that were adjustable! The caption said something like great for before during or after maternity. I'm getting married soon, & babies naturally follow... So I'd love my investments to br something I could wear then too!

TexasTawny001

New in Town
Ms Sew-n-Sew said:
Hello Ladies

I just picked up this Swirl-a-like pattern from Etsy for $12.50 (McCall's 2440). I can't afford the real thing anymore, so it will be well used!

Swirllikewrap.jpg

Oh I wish I could find this pattern!! So perfect!!

That reminds me: can anyone point me to information on adjusting sizing on patterns? I'm having trouble finding patterns big enough for me!! (and they say women were not as skinny and 'fuller figured' back then!! I think not!)

Foofoogal

Banned
Wow, that floral one is devine. :eusa_clap
It is not about the dress I don't think with Swirls It is to me that they are the epitome of the 1950s, 1960s housewife.
I sort of put them in the category with aprons, sweater guards and cardigans.
Ladylike for lack of better term. [huh]
I am 5'2 and my model showing the one is 5'9. What does that tell you? It if fit me it would not be there at all.

Mrs Cleaver

One of the Regulars
That swirl is stunning!Bit expensive for my budget .I did pay $70 for my last swirl,which is alot for me but i had saved the money over a couple of weeks.Once you buy a swirl you can't stop at one,i just love mine so much:)

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
To everyone who has been looking for a Swirl-type pattern: Colette Patterns, a small, indie vintage-inspired company, has just announced their newest pattern, a back wrap dress. Their sizing is different from most patterns in that it's much closer to retail. It comes in US 0-18, 33in bust to 46in bust.
http://www.colettepatterns.com/shop/crepe
dress-front.jpg

shopgirl61

A-List Customer
Mrs Cleaver said:
That swirl is stunning!Bit expensive for my budget .I did pay $70 for my last swirl,which is alot for me but i had saved the money over a couple of weeks.Once you buy a swirl you can't stop at one,i just love mine so much:)

Have i been away too long or have you already posted pics of you modeling them here? ;)

AdrianLvsRocky

One of the Regulars
Got my first proper Swirl dress this weekend. I have one that's a Concept 70s Swirl so it was made in the 70s and doesn't have the normal Swirl features like the button and the proper wrap around (it's cute though, it has little sailors around it).

Anyway, bought it from Etsy and it arrived yesterday so I wore it out last night. It's so comfortable and I got loads of compliments on it.

Swirl2.jpg

Swirl.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldBoot