Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Tattoos

Grant Fan

Practically Family
Here is my latest, from Sailor Jerry's sketchbook. :)

IG_Tatoo_00002.gif

Oh my goodness C-dot she is so pretty, give her some red hair and it would be you.

MikePotts

Practically Family
FWIW.........I'm not sold on the whole 'colouring her in' thing on that particular tattoo. She looks just fine to me the way she is, might be trying to 'Guild the Lily' .....but hey, it's your tatt.

MP xxx

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
FWIW.........I'm not sold on the whole 'colouring her in' thing on that particular tattoo. She looks just fine to me the way she is, might be trying to 'Guild the Lily' .....but hey, it's your tatt.

MP xxx

You know something, I think I prefer her in black and white. I have two other coloured tattoos, and besides, I think colour on her may reduce the effect of the shadowing.

harty

New in Town
My new (and first) ink.

Quick explaination: I was adopted and over the last year I have contacted and been getting to know my birthmother. So the big initials are my name, while the inner ones represent the one that my bmom gave me at birth. I had a rough design and the artist helped me pick out font styles and make little tweaks here and there.

181_0841.jpg

It is on my right shoulder. I think she did an awesome job. Anyway, I think it (unintentionally but pleasantly) has an art deco feel to it, and I thought my fellow loungers might appreciate it.

harty

New in Town
Fairly small--about an inch and a quarter to inch and a half high, to give you perspective. Perfect if I want to do something around it. All those who say it is addicting aren't kidding. Right now I am imagining designs on my other arm, though.

nice hat dude!

One Too Many
It took me years to decide what I wanted to cover up a really bad homemade tat with,15 years old,bottle of vodka,indian ink and a needle probably explains how you end up with a really bad looking fist on your arm.For my 50th birthday the step daughter paid for a new one for me.My dad RIP was a Korean War vet so I decided to get
a memorial tat of the Korean Vets Assc. done turned out well,sorry I didn't shave my arm before I took the pic.

other023.jpg

Just to say it's now 3 years old

Last edited:
My daughters name in Amharic (national language in Ethiopia) and some dates on my forearms. Fairly basic stuff but I'm proud to wear them. I have one more near my upper under arm/arm pit. Hard to photo that one...the only one with color. Just a bit of red.
IMG_5072.JPG

IMG_5066.JPG

IMG_5067.JPG

56FordGuy

One of the Regulars
Old thread, but I did a search and it came up. I’m headed to get my first tattoo this week. It’s a portrait of my dog, Ivy on my chest above my heart. This dog has been a hugely positive influence on my life and I really do treat this animal like my daughter.

It started out as a desire many years ago to have another one of my dogs done. Radar, a dog who I literally owe my life to. I began searching for an artist and have looked at hundreds of not thousands of pieces trying to find the right person. I finally found the artist, and weeks after I got my Ivy. A few weeks after that my world fell apart. Ivy was my rock, my reason for existing and continuing on. She earned her place as my first art. Radar will be next, followed by my cattle brand. My horses and cows are my coworkers, without them I have no work and no ranch. I won’t ask them to do a job that I won’t do, nor will I ask them to wear a uniform I won’t wear. It’s my brand, I’ll own it. Haven’t been able to find anyone willing to actually hot brand me, so I guess I’ll have it tattooed. Or just get blazing drunk and let the guys use a cattle iron on me, but a tattoo sounds sounds simpler.

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab
Old thread, but I did a search and it came up. I’m headed to get my first tattoo this week. It’s a portrait of my dog, Ivy on my chest above my heart. This dog has been a hugely positive influence on my life and I really do treat this animal like my daughter.

It started out as a desire many years ago to have another one of my dogs done. Radar, a dog who I literally owe my life to. I began searching for an artist and have looked at hundreds of not thousands of pieces trying to find the right person. I finally found the artist, and weeks after I got my Ivy. A few weeks after that my world fell apart. Ivy was my rock, my reason for existing and continuing on. She earned her place as my first art. Radar will be next, followed by my cattle brand. My horses and cows are my coworkers, without them I have no work and no ranch. I won’t ask them to do a job that I won’t do, nor will I ask them to wear a uniform I won’t wear. It’s my brand, I’ll own it. Haven’t been able to find anyone willing to actually hot brand me, so I guess I’ll have it tattooed. Or just get blazing drunk and let the guys use a cattle iron on me, but a tattoo sounds sounds simpler.

Think

My Dad was diagnosed with Alzheimers seven years ago (at age 80) and my siblings and I wanted to do something to show Dad that we love and support him.

Dad has always been big into jigsaw puzzles. I remember this one that he had when I was a kid and he never attempted it until about 10 years ago. It was called "Red Riding Hood's Hood" and was a large solid red circle with 500+ unique pieces. He got it done!

We decided to represent his lost memories as a red puzzle piece and told him (and Mom since he probably wouldn't remember) that if he feels that he is missing a piece of the puzzle he can come to us to find it.

Me and my two sisters (my older brother opted out) and my youngest daughter all got our puzzle piece tattoos. Mine is on my forearm.

Dad said better us than him, but he seemed to like them. At least he didn't lecture us!

Puzzle_Tat.jpg

I later added one to represent my hobby of collecting vintage Schwinn Lightweight bicycles. This is a crankset from a 1938 Schwinn Superior (A.S.& Co.-- Arnold Schwinn and Company) on my calf.

ASandCO_Tat_2s.jpg

I have ideas for many more, but my tattoo money was spent on old hats and boots.

56FordGuy

One of the Regulars

That’s why I’ve avoided the hot irons so far.

I want to get my brand in the same place it’s registered for my stock, with the lyrics from an old Hank Williams song in a circle around it. “Though I may struggle and strive, I’ll never get out of this world alive.” I’ve thought about having the actual brand formed out of the words, still up in the air on that one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko