• Welcome to The Fedora Lounge!

Show us your Thrift and/or yard sale finds

Discussion in 'The Display Case' started by Kimberly, Apr 14, 2007.

1. Nice! Need a pre-amp?

2. Dnewma04

Dnewma04 One of the Regulars

It will need one, I might have a spare, though. I think i have an old RGR preamp with some issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Dnewma04

This is a question that historically leads to bad financial decisions. "Why? Do you have one?" :)

4. Ha, ha. I think I do. Seems like it is a Basic C1, but it's been awhile since I changed and I can't remember if I still have it. I'll look tomorrow when I get home.

5. Dnewma04

Thanks, Bob!

6. My wife picked up few hat boxes (with inserts) for $5.00 each at a garage sale.

[​IMG]

7. Sometimes you just have to save something found on the Halloween rack at Goodwill to keep it from being dragged around the sidewalks of some neighborhood at the end of next month. $2.00.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Bruno Magli, hospital thrift shop.

brunomagli2.jpg

1955mercury, dh66, Michael A and 3 others like this.
  9. robrinay

robrinay Practically Family

My latest find - a Swaine Adeney overnight case. It's vintage as they have been Swaine Adeney Brigg for some time. The shoulder strap was missing so I've made one using straps and a brass buckle purchased from eBay

Attached Files:

10. Latest auction-house win:

[​IMG]

220-year-old Georgian, sterling silver pap boat.

alanfgag, dh66, Kirk H. and 3 others like this.
  11. My wife picked up some replacement pieces of mid-century Stetson Marcrest "Swiss Chalet" dinnerware at an estate sale to back up our well used set at the farm.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

When was the last time was that dish towels sold for a quarter at Bloomingdales?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

dh66 and Bamaboots like this.
  12. Not exactly a thrift store, but…
    At my temp job,working in a warehouse that specializes in salvaged stock, I managed to come across a box of these reproductions, which they let me purchase:
    [​IMG]

Also, one of these:
    [​IMG]

13. Joe50's

Joe50's Familiar Face

Found this at a thrift store, I'm guessing it's late 20's/30's. Cord looks to be original and in good condition. Never seen putty used to hold a shade before IMG_4470.JPG

vitanola and BobHufford like this.
  14. robrinay

robrinay Practically Family

IMG_2539.JPG FullSizeRender.jpg FullSizeRender.jpg I've been hunting down a posh briefcase for my stepson and I yesterday I found this Loewe case (black case- lower pictures), at a Bric a Brac Market. The seller told me it had been a very expensive buy originally but only charged me £5.00.
    My find of the previous week (tan case - top picture), had been deemed too old fashioned. I'm amazed how cheap these vintage hand stitched bridle leather cases are compared to new ones. A Swaine one will set you back over £1,000 and Loewe charge similar prices.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2017
    DeaconKC and BobHufford like this.
  15. Found in the Santa Fe Salvation Army Thrift Store ... wish it fit me. Nice fade to brown on some of the panels. Guessing 1970s era.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

dh66, 1955mercury and 2jakes like this.
  16. beeflady.jpg

BobHufford likes this.
  17. Wow!! That thing's a monster! Too bad the size isn't right. Is it even close?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

18. Thanks Dale. It's marked a 44. Fits me in the sleeves. :D

dh66 likes this.
  19. One at a time?

I was a size 44 once.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

BobHufford likes this.
  20. I can get both arms in, but the rest of the jacket is behind me. :D

dh66 likes this.