Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your TIES

I have been wearing bowties a lot lately....originals are either in bad shape or do not come close to fitting. Here however is one of my favorite cravats of the "golden era" that I still do wear occasionally.
Cheers,
M
Ps: I do have quite a collection of wool army cravats from the 30's and 40's in kaki, various shades of olive, varied shades of "drab" and black.
20170202_140936.jpg

I have been wearing bowties a lot lately....originals are either in bad shape or do not come close to fitting. Here however is one of my favorite cravats of the "golden era" that I still do wear occasionally.
Cheers,
M
Ps: I do have quite a collection of wool army cravats from the 30's and 40's in kaki, various shades of olive, varied shades of "drab" and black.
View attachment 66613
Nice collection!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Mean Eyed Matt

One Too Many
Ah, ok! Couldn't remember it, cause completely different in construction and label. Maybe yours is much older?
Will show you another picture of the label...

Michael A

I'll Lock Up

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Thanks guys. It's been dry in the tie world around here lately. I was going to mention that I ran into the competition, a fellow collector that is, at a Salvation Army a couple of weeks ago. He was looking for 40s and earlier ties and I asked him what he does with them. He said he has to wear a tie 5 days a week, so he wears them.

Michael

Mean Eyed Matt

One Too Many
Thanks guys. It's been dry in the tie world around here lately. I was going to mention that I ran into the competition, a fellow collector that is, at a Salvation Army a couple of weeks ago. He was looking for 40s and earlier ties and I asked him what he does with them. He said he has to wear a tie 5 days a week, so he wears them.

Michael

Ask him to show us his ties here ;)

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Not finding too many decent ties at the thrifts lately. Came home with this one last night.

Regal, All Silk, 48" x 3".

32285411583_532041d52b_z.jpg

32285410953_d6ccfe8c91_z.jpg
Nice looking tie Bob. It's still been dry in the tie world here too. A bit of a Berkley (Ties the World) from my collection did see some sun today.
DSCN0328 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr

I don't know if I'm hoping the supply picks up or not. I have a huge pile that I still need to get hung up. And my hunging up space is getting to be in short supply. About a year ago my favorite thrift got in a box full of new in the package plastic tie hangers. I think they do 10 or a dozen ties per hanger. I bought about 10 of them. Now I'm wishing I had taken the whole box. Ha ha.

Michael

Nice looking tie Bob. It's still been dry in the tie world here too. A bit of a Berkley (Ties the World) from my collection did see some sun today.
DSCN0328 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr

I don't know if I'm hoping the supply picks up or not. I have a huge pile that I still need to get hung up. And my hunging up space is getting to be in short supply. About a year ago my favorite thrift got in a box full of new in the package plastic tie hangers. I think they do 10 or a dozen ties per hanger. I bought about 10 of them. Now I'm wishing I had taken the whole box. Ha ha.

Michael

Love that tie Michael. It looks great with the suit and hat combo.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21