Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your TIES

Kahuna

One of the Regulars
Here's one that compelled me to buy it. I paid a bit more than my usual $3 limit but it still was about the price of a boring Walmart tie so I had to have it. I worked for JCPenney for 25 years so always happy to acquire a new Towncraft.
cowboy tie 003 Large e-mail view.jpg

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
DSCN5970 crop small.jpg
DSCN5969 small.jpg
DSCN5963 crop small.jpg
This one, I think it's a stylized falling leaves design, made it out today for my weekly grocery shopping trip.

Print on jacquard. The labels say Executive Neckwear Wm. H. Block Co. Indianapolis and Wilson Brothers Fabric by Raxson. I'll have to try to get a photo of them later, as the Wilson one is pretty cool.
Flickr is giving me some grief at the moment so I can't get any other photos to load.

Michael

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Mallards by Wormser. I believe I'll be wearing this one with my hunting coat like Michael's.
28793ae5188f307dabf84ac300f8514c.jpg
3d517013d5ce0765bdb4762936429eb3.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Great tie Dale. Can we look forward to seeing it in the "wild"? Your mallards are much more realistic than the ones on my tie from a few days back. I've been meaning to look for more duck ties, but seem to get bogged down before I get to it.

Michael

viclip

Practically Family
Today I picked up a made in the USA 100% silk tie by Ralph Marlin & Co for $1.99 Canadian which is around $1.50 American. In seemingly unworn condition it was just hanging in a local thrift shop. The tie actually has an area on the back ascribing a title to it, namely "Desert Cactus", copyrighted 1993. Being located across the river from Detroit, in this neck of the woods cacti are hardlyly indigenous so I'm not quite sure that this tie will see a lot of neck time. Anyways here's a shot of my latest acquisition, with its red sand glowing under a burning desert sun:

Desert Cactus.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GokhanB