Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your Tiki/Polynesian Pop collections: rooms, bars, mugs, etc.

foamy

A-List Customer
Your talented foamy, I especially like the "Bitten" piece but can't quite make out the little bugger under the drink umbrella
Thanks fellas, I've had a lot of fun with tiki—still do, but I don't have as much free time these days. I have to say, the late fifties and early sixties; the whole atomic modern/cocktail/tiki life style appeals to me in a big way. I'm a confirmed retro-grouch.

Mike, it's a little devil in a beach chair saying "...and life is good."

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
Thanks fellas, I've had a lot of fun with tiki—still do, but I don't have as much free time these days. I have to say, the late fifties and early sixties; the whole atomic modern/cocktail/tiki life style appeals to me in a big way. I'm a confirmed retro-grouch.

Mike, it's a little devil in a beach chair saying "...and life is good."

Perfect. I actually had a retro-grouch tee shirt from Rivendell Cycles. Wore it out.

foamy

A-List Customer
Perfect. I actually had a retro-grouch tee shirt from Rivendell Cycles. Wore it out.
Ah, Rivendell. Grant Peterson, one of the original retro-grouches. I have a Bridgestone RB-2 from his time with them. Seroiusly considered a Riv when I was shopping for a bike to do the cross-country tour. Sweet bikes. Ended-up going with a Bilenky.

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
Ah, Rivendell. Grant Peterson, one of the original retro-grouches. I have a Bridgestone RB-2 from his time with them. Seroiusly considered a Riv when I was shopping for a bike to do the cross-country tour. Sweet bikes. Ended-up going with a Bilenky.

Still have my Readers. I have a lugged MB-2 that's been roadified. Hope you went with lugged steel.

foamy

A-List Customer
Still have my Readers. I have a lugged MB-2 that's been roadified. Hope you went with lugged steel.
MB's are very nice—classic, IMO. Would love to have had lugged, but went instead with Columbus Spirit light weight chromo, brazed and a chromo fork. The bike did real well, but didn't like much more than 35 lbs. on it—which, it turns out, was about all I needed or wanted.
Sanspanniers-1.jpg~original.jpeg

Staying on topic here, Six of my collection that I rendered in Illustrator and Photoshop.
ry=400.jpeg

And a bad photo of No. 5

Attachments

• ry=480-3.jpeg
    ry=480-3.jpeg
    165 KB · Views: 368

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
The Columbus looks up to it.

Still searching for my Suffering ba***rd but most impressed with the full size totem. WOW!

foamy

A-List Customer
The Columbus looks up to it.

Still searching for my Suffering ba***rd but most impressed with the full size totem. WOW!
Yeah, Ben does exceptional work. One of the, if not thee best (I'm biased) , tiki carvers I know of. He carved all of the original tiki's and tiki/tropical ornamentation at the Tropicana when they went tiki-themed back in the day. He's been at it for a good, long while.

A good, un-chipped Suffering ba***rd is hard to come by these days without paying an outrageous price. I got lucky when I found mine. Now, if I could just find some affordable vintage hats that please me.

Great illustratin' there Foamy! Some classic mug shots in that line-up.

And I'm with Mike on the big guy. Very impressive!

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

Kahuna

One of the Regulars
The guy in the middle is my most recent tiki find. I found him for 50 cents in a pile of junk at a yard sale with his foot broken off and missing. As you can imagine authentic old tikis are hard to come by here in the wilds of Idaho so I took him home, glued a new piece of wood where the foot was, and sanded it down till it looked like a foot. He's a nice size - 11" so had to grab him.
tiki%20002%20Large%20e-mail%20view.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto