Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your Tiki/Polynesian Pop collections: rooms, bars, mugs, etc.

foamy

A-List Customer
Not sure if this belongs here, but found this in a consignment store. Looks to be an original watercolor. It sends a certain message, and I like it. [emoji14]
ab73c1ce67e9f416c3b1eb014a86c1ea.jpg
Wow, that's way cool! Is that airbrushed? Kind of has that look to it. I used to do that sort of thing with spray markers (though, not as nice as that). That's what I call a find!

foamy

A-List Customer
The guy in the middle is my most recent tiki find. I found him for 50 cents in a pile of junk at a yard sale with his foot broken off and missing. As you can imagine authentic old tikis are hard to come by here in the wilds of Idaho so I took him home, glued a new piece of wood where the foot was, and sanded it down till it looked like a foot. He's a nice size - 11" so had to grab him.
tiki%20002%20Large%20e-mail%20view.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
That's a nice collection there. All found in the wild? Deluxe.

Kahuna

One of the Regulars
I found this old floor lamp discarded on the sidewalk while walking my dogs. It took me a while to get all the parts that were missing and get it rewired but I finally found everything. The shade that I found for a dollar at the thrift store had seen better days so I used a strip of tapa cloth that was left over from the wall hanging on the right of the picture to cover it and then lacquered it to stay in place. Finally got it lit up the other night after having it in my "things to do" storage area for over a year.

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
Apparently missed some posts while I was on vacation in April. Kool stuff bruthas!

Bob, the only thing better than finding a vintage mug is filling it with your favorite poison!

Kahuna

One of the Regulars
A few recent finds to add to my tiki room collection. There's an interesting story behind the tiki bookends. The bookend on the left I found about 10 years ago at a Goodwill in Spokane, about 80 miles north of where I live. I was bummed at the time that there was only one bookend but decided to buy it anyway because old tiki stuff is rare around here. Forward 10 years to last weekend when I was shopping at the local Salvation Army and found the one on the right. Obviously the work of the same carver. Was this a set that got separated at birth and now is reunited? Only the tikis know for sure and they're keeping quiet about it.

I've been looking for years for a 50s/60s era hula nodder but didn't want to pay the big bucks for one. Finally found this one at Goodwill about 30 minutes ago for 99 cents. Now that's the price this old cheapskate has been waiting for!

Last edited:

SurfGent

Suspended
I really should be posting hear. I don't cause it's I don't want to get to personal or mistakenly political

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112