Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your vehicles

What general era was your vehichle made:

• 30s or earlier

Votes: 38 15.8%
  • 40s

Votes: 26 10.8%
  • 50s

Votes: 39 16.2%
  • 60s

Votes: 52 21.6%
  • 70s-90s

Votes: 64 26.6%
  • New with classic features

Votes: 47 19.5%

• Total voters

EL COLORADO

One of the Regulars
shamus said:
What was the logic on the poll in only breaking down the 40's 50's 60's and grouping everything else together?

Cause Shame,...after 1968,...the era of all things "golden",....is officially,.. over.

EC

Shadow

New in Town
Oooh I sure love the lil red benz.
Wouldn;t mind having one of those in my garage

lol

My 70 TA was still a hi compression hi performance engine 12 bolt posi
Had all the goodies of a muscle car and the perks of a sportcar
as it had great steering and suspension. It was in a sense was a notch above the straight line muscle cars of the 60's

71 everything went down and they switched to net horsepower
trying to deal w gov't restrictions.

GateXC said:

My 2005 Vespa PX-150. 4 speed manual transmission. Looks vintage but without all the hassle. Top speed around 55 mph and I get about 60 mpg driving around NY (tank holds 2.1 gallons) so pretty much fill-up once a week or so for $4.00. Gotta watch the cabs and the Jersey drivers but nothing beats it for around town.
Ciao Bella! Classic looking indeed, you need some pictures going round a roundabout and at some classic architecture buildings and monuments!

Pilgrim

One Too Many
Here's a shot of a car identical to my high school graduation present, which I still have.

In the photo is a 1957 Fiat 1200 Spyder (Roadster/Transformabile). I have the 1958 model, which is absolutely identical..even down to the neat-o wheel covers that are fake wire rims.

Mine has been in long-term restoration for years, and currently sits in my garage needing paint and rebuilt seats. My Spyder is white with a white top and red and black interior. it has a 1200 CC engine and 63 Italian horsepower on a good day.

1957-fiat-1200-spider.jpg

My daily driver (in good weather) is a 1983 280ZX Turbo, similar to the one shown below. Mine is 2-tone brown and gold; the areas that are silver in the photo below are dark brown on mine, and the blue areas are metallic gold on mine. I just had it re-painted and it really shines.
azx1.jpg

Hooray! For the first time, I CAN GET A PHOTO TO SHOW UP!

Alpine Glamour

New in Town
30's and 50's

I ride ladies' bicyle from 1939, and I just finished restoring a Vespa VNA 2T from 1959. In addition we have a tandem from the 30's. Cars are not that vintage: a 1994 Buick Park Avenue, and a 1977 Dodge Aspen Sedan.

Pictures to follow!!

Tudor

Familiar Face
A few...

I have a few vehicles:
1948 Ford Tudor sedan. This is my street rod.
1964 Ford Econoline van. My parents bought this new and all us kids learned to drive on the 4-speed on the column.
1981 Harley-Davidson FLT. I bought this when new.
1995 Chevrolet Impala SS. Road and Track called this car a 4-door Corvette. I just like big sedans.
2001 Ford F-350 4-door Diesel pick-up 4x4. I needed something to haul our boys and all their hockey gear from game to game. Rocky, our chocolate lab, likes it too. The plan is for it to pull a camping trailer someday soon.
All are drivers but the street rod which am in the process of updating the engine with one from a ’96 Mustang.
One more thing... I can and do wear my fedoras in all the vehicles. (I wear a helmet when riding the HD.)

jeep44

One of the Regulars
Let's see how Photodump does. This beast of mine is a 1942 Dodge WC51. In this pic, it does not have the rear canvas fitted,but lowering the windshield makes for a very interesting drive.Try that in your H2!
dodge1198.jpg

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
New Car

I've seen plenty of nice cars here. The old B&W, Powerhouse.

I just bought a new car (my 2003 Monte Carlo lease was up). I can't handle the expense and responsibility of a vintage auto, but I got the next best thing... a new '06 Mustang! Complete with the Pony Package. Very nice ride. I admit, it's not a classic, but the new styling recalls better days for Ford, and for a by-gone era second only to the 1930's in style. It's been raining since I got the thing (maybe it's a good sign, like rain at a wedding), but I'll get pictures posted as soon as I can. I'm hoping a friend can take some of me with the car, wearing my new hat from Art. The car matches the hat pretty well! Talk about serious accessorizing! lol
NB

Wild Root

Gone Home
Not-Bogart13 said:
I've seen plenty of nice cars here. The old B&W, Powerhouse.

I just bought a new car (my 2003 Monte Carlo lease was up). I can't handle the expense and responsibility of a vintage auto, but I got the next best thing... a new '06 Mustang! Complete with the Pony Package. Very nice ride. I admit, it's not a classic, but the new styling recalls better days for Ford, and for a by-gone era second only to the 1930's in style. It's been raining since I got the thing (maybe it's a good sign, like rain at a wedding), but I'll get pictures posted as soon as I can. I'm hoping a friend can take some of me with the car, wearing my new hat from Art. The car matches the hat pretty well! Talk about serious accessorizing! lol
NB

This makes no sense… I make less then 20 thousand a year, I drive a vintage car! I couldn’t afford a new Mustang… most vintage cars are in the 10,000. and less range and the upkeep is very affordable! I mean, heck, I got new shocks brakes and some other adjustments to my car done for no more then $300. If you have a Packard or something like that yes, you’ll spend more but, a simple Plymouth or something like that would save you money.

I just laugh my but off when some one says the can’t afford a vintage car, then they go out and buy a brand new one! Makes no sense to me.[huh]

=WR=

shamus

Suspended
it all depends on your point of view.

Some people only consider a vintage car to drive as in perfect condition, new paint, new, new, new... that's why the drive new cars.

Others don't care about looking new, having new parts. As long as it runs and gets from A to B, then it's perfect.

So really the best of both worlds would be to buy the new "vintage" cars, such as the mustang, t-bird, etc.

As to price, I would imagine since ford is on it's last legs right now, they'd be offering a heck of a payment plan.

The Wingnut

One Too Many
Ahhhh, I loved my Plymouths...

mar2k_01.jpg

08a.jpg

I love my Datsun, too.

01.jpg

The Datsun's getting torn apart and rebuilt while I'm in training. Should come home to an overhauled engine, new stereo, new paint, new exhaust, and some seriously wicked tuning.

Nothing from the golden era, I've even less money than Root. That'll change in a few years. I want a '38 Plymouth or Chrysler coupe.

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
Wild Root...

I understand what you mean, and I realize that initially a fair vintage car isn't expensive. I've looked into it. The main problem is upkeep. Older cars always cost more money to keep running and safe, unless you go for a total refurb job, which is out of my league. Plus, I only have ONE car at a time, which must be reliable and ready to go from the moment I own it. I can't take chances on a classic that might need work. So, it's not all a matter of the car's price... not even just about money. A brand new car under warranty as my only vehicle just make more sense in every way. Thus, "the expense and responsibility" as I phrased it.
NB

Wild Root

Gone Home
I can understand that but, for me, my '46 has cost me way less in upkeep then any car I've ever owned. If you buy a car that parts are easy to find, you can do the work your self! I've done a few things to my car and I'm learning all the time. These cars are so much easier to understand and if there is a problem, it's easy to figure out. I can't afford a new car and the insurance on one! I pay only about $65. a year for my insurance and also the registration renewal is only about $50. bucks! Police pay no attention to me and the rewards for me of driving a vintage auto never seem to end. I've owned my car for 2 years now and I've been very surprised at how well it's driven and how reliable it's been to me. Some think that a car of this nature will spend 50% of it's time in a garage getting fixed... not so. My car isn't restored, the motor was rebuilt before I bought it, I've had the brakes done and many normal routine maintenance type of work done on it and it's never been too much of a headache! As a vintage car owner, I say when there's a will, there's a way.

Sincerely,
=WR=

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points