Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your vehicles

What general era was your vehichle made:

• 30s or earlier

Votes: 38 15.8%
  • 40s

Votes: 26 10.8%
  • 50s

Votes: 39 16.2%
  • 60s

Votes: 52 21.6%
  • 70s-90s

Votes: 64 26.6%
  • New with classic features

Votes: 47 19.5%

• Total voters

johnnydnh

Familiar Face
Wild Root's 1946 P15 Special De-Luxe

1946Plymouth.jpg

Zach R.

Practically Family
1983 DeLorean DMC-12:

...I wish, it belongs to a buddy of mine's uncle. And, yes, before you ask I did reach 88 MPH(and then some!) and nothing happened.:p

After pining after one since the early nineties, there is NO DOUBT in my mind that I am going to get one, however, especially after I finally drove one. As soon as I get situated in college and get a steady job...

LizzieMaine

Bartender
I've always wanted a vintage car -- a late '30s Ford, Chevy, or Plymouth coupe would be perfect, thank you -- but the closest I've ever come was the first car I ever owned, a bright red 1969 Volkswagen Beetle. I nearly froze to death driving it in the winter, and sometimes the starter wouldn't work so I always had to remember to park it on a hill -- but for some reason I connected with it like no other car I've ever owned, and I cried when it broke in half as they hoisted it onto the truck to the junkyard.

Nowadays, I have a '97 Corolla -- durable, reliable, and utterly unostentatious.

Mike1973

A-List Customer
Snap!

LizzieMaine said:
I've always wanted a vintage car -- a late '30s Ford, Chevy, or Plymouth coupe would be perfect, thank you -- but the closest I've ever come was the first car I ever owned, a bright red 1969 Volkswagen Beetle. I nearly froze to death driving it in the winter, and sometimes the starter wouldn't work so I always had to remember to park it on a hill -- but for some reason I connected with it like no other car I've ever owned, and I cried when it broke in half as they hoisted it onto the truck to the junkyard.

Nowadays, I have a '97 Corolla -- durable, reliable, and utterly unostentatious.

My first car was a '69 Beetle! I had it for 10 years and it broke my heart when I let it go :cry: Took me everywhere I wanted to go, for over 100,000 miles, I loved every minute I was behind the wheel!

scan.jpg

Now I'm all grown up with kids got a proper family car, a 1959 Kombi soon to be fitted with a period Devon camper conversion! Can't seem to shake off this aircooled 'bug'....:eusa_doh:

Willi_Goat

One of the Regulars
'70 Beetle

I have a '70 VW Beetle, well the body is a '70, it has several parts from my first car, a '73 Beetle. And a few more from a 71 Super Beetle. It has been sitting for a while and as soon as I move I will start the restoration process. As it sits now, it is not a pretty picture.

I have a '90 T-bird and 2000 Bravada that are my daily, or every other day, drivers.

I would love to find an old military jeep, 40's or 50's, for a vintage ride.

Tony in Tarzana

My Mail is Forwarded Here
What's going on here? My first car was a 1969 VW Beetle too! Mine was cobalt blue with a white interior. It was only 7 years old when I got my license in 1976, and to date it's the newest car I've ever owned.

BigSleep

One of the Regulars
Here is my daily ride.
It's not vintage but it looks it.
I actually have made some changes to it since this pic was taken. It now has fog lamps up front and an old style Harley solo seat.

PICT0012.jpg

Wild Root

Gone Home
I payed $5000. for mine and I drove it home... my car is a '46 but, the two years were really the same thing.:rolleyes:

That car I could see be worth about $6000. or so... not much more then that.

=WR=

Zach R.

Practically Family
Wild Root said:
I payed $5000. for mine and I drove it home... my car is a '46 but, the two years were really the same thing.:rolleyes:

That car I could see be worth about $6000. or so... not much more then that.

=WR=

Not bad, I guess. Did you have to do much(if any) restoration?

Also, I hear its the upkeep that gets you? Are the operating expenses high?

Wild Root

Gone Home
Tell ya what, instead of making this thread into "The Jenny Thread" I'll pm you about this stuff... OK? You really will be surprised how easy it is to keep one of these things on the road!

Look out for a long PM!lol

=WR=

johnnydnh

Familiar Face
Plymouth

That 47 Plymouth looks really nice. Its got 9 days to go, so it should be interesting to see how much it brings.

I would look forward to an ongoing "Jenny" thread where you could keep us updated on the the trials and tribulations of driving a vintage car everyday. I hope to do the same thing within a year or so. Maybe everyone that drives a vintage car regularly could contribute to the thread? To me, it would be very interesting.

Wild Root

Gone Home
You know, I'll start one! That's a good idea!

Most I talk to are surprised to see me drive that car every day... well, I just say: Plymouth "Built" Great Cars!

I have been able to keep this car on the road... all the last ones I owned from the late 80's and early 90's soaked me a fortune to keep up! This car has so few things to go wrong that it has saved me money!

I'll start the thread and you can all see what I've had to do to keep my Plymouth road worthy!

=WR=

Wild Root said:
You know, I'll start one! That's a good idea!

Most I talk to are surprised to see me drive that car every day... well, I just say: Plymouth "Built" Great Cars!

I have been able to keep this car on the road... all the last ones I owned from the late 80's and early 90's soaked me a fortune to keep up! This car has so few things to go wrong that it has saved me money!

I'll start the thread and you can all see what I've had to do to keep my Plymouth road worthy!

=WR=

Sounds interesting. I suppose I would be one of those that drives a classic car every day as well. Geez, I get tired of people wanting to buy it. Even cops pull me over for that reason! :eusa_doh:
If I am driving it, ain't it obvious I don't want to sell it?! I am sure you get this every day too Root. My favorite was yesterday. The guy offered me $30,000 for my 55 and then said that he's good for it. "I've spent more on" working girls (my edit of his term).:rolleyes: :eusa_doh:

Regards,

J

johnnydnh

Familiar Face
Driving a classic car every day.

I am really looking forward to this. I remember in highschool autoshop that we used to rebuild old generators and starter motors. The thread could be a great one-stop place to ask for and share advice as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112