Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your vintage home!

Indy Magnoli

Vendor
Thanks for the kind words. Yes, the 11 ft ceilings are one of my favourite features of this house. It gives a sense of space with limited floorspace without having to resort to the modern "open plan" style. Our house also has the original pressed tin ceiling. :)

Kind regards,
Magnoli

J

jp*81

decodoll: Is that a Heywood-Wakefield coffee table? Do you have anymore furniture like that?

I love it, I have 8 pieces (a 5pc bedroom set, a coffee table, a dining table, and an end table) and might be getting a dining room set :D

It might sound weird, but I would love to have their furniture in every room of my house. lol

decodoll

Practically Family
jp*81 said:
decodoll: Is that a Heywood-Wakefield coffee table? Do you have anymore furniture like that?

I love it, I have 8 pieces (a 5pc bedroom set, a coffee table, a dining table, and an end table) and might be getting a dining room set :D

It might sound weird, but I would love to have their furniture in every room of my house. lol

Yes it is. The chair in the picture is as well. :) That is all we have...for now. We live about a block from a shop that specializes in Heywood-Wakefield. It's terribly tempting!

J

jp*81

Wow... I don't know what I would do if I lived that close. I sure can't afford to furnish my whole house. I guess I would learn to be very patient. lol The dining chairs I love are $1,200.00!

Here are some pictures of my pieces.~

The dining table is a drop leaf and it needs to be refinished. The bed I have is a full, so we don't use it right now but I want to put it in the guest room. They are both in the attic. :(

coffee table
190294712_022f98f15c_m.jpg

end table
190294711_29cf9b6ae5_m.jpg

dressers & nightstand
190294709_f0b5e183ec_m.jpg

190294707_38e94f278e_m.jpg

RetroMom

One of the Regulars
Beautiful furniture!

It would be my dream come true to redo my whole house in a mid-century style, but unfortunately a little thing called $$ stands in my way:mad:

J

jp*81

Thank you, RetroMom. My grandmother gave me the two tables. I got the bedroom set and dining table from an auction. So I spent very little money on them.

Miss Dottie

Practically Family
LizzieMaine said:
Here's a corner of my living room --

livingroom.jpg

It was furnished in the traditional Maine manner -- the chair was found in front of someone's house with a FREE sign on it, I paid $5 for the console radio in 1984, and the little table with the small radio on top of it cost $10 at one of the many Junk Barns that dot the regional landscape. The bookshelves were built by my brother in law for the cost of a case of beer.

When my ex and I first moved in, the walls were covered in cheap, dark '70s plywood paneling, and the ugliest tan shag carpet ever woven was on the floor. We spent a couple weeks ripping all that stuff out, scraping layers of nasty wallpaper off the walls, patching and painting the plaster, and stripping and refinishing the floor -- and the result is a place that bears no resemblance at all to what it was the first time I saw it (my first impulse when we first looked at the place was to run away fast!)

How someone could throw away that wonderful chair is beyond me!

Mike1973

A-List Customer
WOW! You guys have some pretty cool pads :cool:

Here's a couple of our front room, the most period room in our little 1929 mid-terrace house -

frontroom001.jpg

frontroom007.jpg

frontroom002.jpg

We soon got fed up with the TV spoiling the whole ambience of the room, so we found an old '40's Utility cupboard, and now everything sits hidden away behind closed doors.
Favourite bit is the display cabinet, £75 at our local car boot, they delivered it as well! (I was on my pushbike :eusa_doh: )
These are from last Christmas.

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Think I'll book into that B&B of yours Indy!!

Indy Magnoli said:
Thanks for the kind words. Yes, the 11 ft ceilings are one of my favourite features of this house. It gives a sense of space with limited floorspace without having to resort to the modern "open plan" style. Our house also has the original pressed tin ceiling. :)

Kind regards,
Magnoli

Looks absolutely Marvellous, as do all the places here!! What a lucky bunch you all are, thanks for sharing your homes with us.

Sweet Leilani

A-List Customer
Hi there, everyone! I've been lurking up until now, but I couldn't resist joining the show-n-tell!

Here's our guestroom- I got the bedroom suite from a deceased relative who bought it new in the 30s- it's in beautiful shape.
100_1432.jpg

100_1431.jpg

This waterfall chiffarobe is in the same room, but I bought it separately.:
100_1478.jpg

This is the adjoining bathroom. The pink tile is original; we changed a baby blue tile border to black 2 years ago. We added a tile floor and a pedestal sink to try to capture a more vintage feel than the 1960 original:

100_1437.jpg

100_1435.jpg

This is our living room and some of my vintage electronics, a 1946 GE tabletop next to the fan and a Zenith black dial chairside on the floor, left.:

331ee9c2.jpg

My 1946 RCA radio/phono console:

100_1456.jpg

A 1950 Motorola TV with original UHF tuner and TV lamp:

100_1457.jpg

There are 3 vintage radios and a collection of vintage cameras here in the curio cabinet:
2d45bb02.jpg

I'll have to start a new post to finish- too many pictures! ;)

Sweet Leilani

A-List Customer
OK, here's the continuation!

Next, the game room, with original knotty pine paneling:

100_1458.jpg

These toys aren't exactly, Golden Age, but they're fast disappearing as well.

My 1959 Seeburg jukebox, and neon clock (at night):
59b706b7.jpg

69abc8f1.jpg

The piano with some of my vintage brass instruments and an old microphone:

100_1461.jpg

cokefridge.jpg

diner.jpg

I guess all that's left is the kitchen:

100_1026.jpg

100_1027.jpg

100_1028.jpg

100_1032.jpg

I think that about does it- I probably just set the record for longest first post!

Trickeration

Practically Family
Such beautiful homes! I just love seeing what you've all done, and the different eras and styles represented.

Sweet Leilani-I saw we had a few similar or same things. Great minds think alike, or, shop alike! My long term plans include a vintage fridge, but not until the electric bills look a bit less frightening. Also, we had pink tile in our bathroom too, but a leak in the wall was it's undoing :( .

LolitaHaze- I'm sorry it took so long for me to respond. I didn't see your question until just now. The bedroom furniture is late 1930's, the kitchen, dining room and living room are all 1950's pieces except for the fridge (new), stove (40's) living room lamp (base is 60's) and the rug (new, I painted it myself). Oh and the kitchen chandelier is also 40's.

Trix :)

Sweet Leilani

A-List Customer
I noticed that too, Trickeration! It's not in any of the photos I posted, but I remember seeing an "Ice-O-Mat" on top of your fridge. I have one of those as well! I bought it because of it's name, but I've actually used it several times.

LizzieMaine

Bartender
Howdy Sweet Lelani!

What a nifty house! I'm a big fan of vintage electronics myself, and you've got some great specimens there -- are they in working order? There's nothing like watching a classic show on a vintage TV!

I also love your bathroom -- I've been working toward the same general look in mine. I have very similar pink tiles, and when I had to take some off to patch a wall, they were date-stamped 1933 -- evidently pink tiles were quite the Depression-era trend..

And welcome to the Lounge!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ