Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your vintage patterns!

swinggal

One Too Many
Some great ones at the link I posted too
5340mccalla.gif

1202butterick.gif

1479butterick.gif

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
(BixChix26) '20s house dress and early '30s day dress. I tried to copy pix here but it didn't work. so here are the links.

Those are cute! The first one looks really easy, and the second one is adorable! It would be so cute in those repro vintage feedsack fabrics.

swinggal, I love the top one! The ruffles are great! Are those originals or reproductions?

MissTayva

I have a bunch of patterns that I'm getting ready to take to a seamstress...
I am excited because I won't have to throw away a lot of money on some crappy repro (I am fed up with all of these reproduction brands... they either suck, as in are made from the wrong sort of fabric), and I don't want to browse forever to find the perfect vintage piece.

Do you ladies that sew have any good online resources for purchasing gabardine? I have found a few, but wasn't happy with the color selections.
I'd also like a Rayon blend, wool and I don't cooperate together :)

Lauren

Vintage Patterns period.

Hello Gals,
I went to costume college out here in CA a few weekends ago and some lovely ladies had a booth selling repro vintage patterns. I told them I'd post about them here, so you can check it out. I haven't tried them yet, but they're supposed to be coming out with more as time goes on, and they revamp the instructions so that they are more "user friendly" and multiple sizes from 30" bust to 55" bust, kinda like making the old ones like the new ones, but retaining the vintage lines. Check it out here:

Decades of Style Pattern Company

Lauren

Those are really cute! Did you see the new sarong pattern Simplicity has?
Simplicity
Don't think it's that period acurate, but it sure is cute!

MissTayva

The link doesn't work! It takes me to some strange site with a PDF file about running Javascript. I'm interested in seeing it!

Vanessa

One Too Many
Not quite a "new" pattern company - but have you seen the Vintage Vogue patterns? How accurate are they? I've had my eye on this one for awhile now.

Lauren

They're very accurate! When they were starting I used to see ads from Vogue that advertised that they would buy vintage patterns made from their company (they must have not kept many as history). They basically take the old patterns, make them modern sizing (I am supposing, since sizing was different back then), and elaborate on the sewing instructions. I don't think I've ever actually made one up, but I have several from when Joann has 75% off Vogue pattern sales every now and again.

Vanessa

One Too Many
How many gals use outside (read: not yourself, or your mother) seamstresses? Have they been successful?

Shorty

New in Town
Hey Girls! It's long time since visiting here...

Could you help me with sizing? I'm about to purchase the Simplicity sarong pattern but I'm not used to US sizes (I'm from Finland). My measurements are bust 38, waist 28 and hips 40 these are approx. measurements, what is my size, maybe 12????

P.S Sorry about my bad english, I'm trying to learn to write better in english all the time :cheers1:

Vanessa

One Too Many
Shorty - I think you might be better off using size 14 or 16. It's been my experience with Simplicity that everything runs a tad large, though. So I usually cut one size smaller than given measurements. Your measurements are closer to a 16, so that's why I said 14.
(I'm making the same pattern right now for a trip to Hawaii in a few weeks).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21