Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your waistcoats/Vests?

Orgetorix

Call Me a Cab
One of us should have won it.

I did, however, just win this one. A black slipped morning waistcoat made of polished cotton.

slipped_waistcoat.jpg

Anthony Jordan

Practically Family
Orgetorix said:
One of us should have won it.

I did, however, just win this one. A black slipped morning waistcoat made of polished cotton.

slipped_waistcoat.jpg

Very handsome, and a rare find; only the second vintage example I've ever seen (and I own the first.)

carter

I'll Lock Up
Dman, Well, you have two formal and an interesting tattersal pattern. I'd like to see the tattersal with a complete outfit. :)

Mid-fogey

Practically Family
Great assortment...

...very flashy.

It's sort of interesting how fashion sometimes doubles back in strange ways. Hats, then no hats, then baseball hats everywhere. Likewise, I've noted that "cargo vests" are becoming more popular after a period of no vests. I'm not fond of the way they look, but they seem to be popular with older gentlemen, especially in Germany.

I've also noted a minor return of three piece suits.

Anthony Jordan

Practically Family
ArrowCollarMan said:
Are any of these for sale? Where do you get these? None of you know the torment I feel because I don't have a double breasted vest. *sobs uncontrollably*

I feel your pain, brother. The fancy weskit above has gone, but I would be happy to let you know in advance if I am getting rid of any others.

Dagwood

Practically Family
Bringing back this old thread.

Vintage waistcoat from 1917. Some stains but in good shape:

pict0117ws0.jpg
pict0115sp2.jpg
pict0116og9.jpg

ArrowCollarMan

A-List Customer
These are the two I wear...but not very often because they're cold weather vests and in SoCal its not often cold enough to wear them.

DSC02484.jpg

DSC02483.jpg

DSC02481.jpg

Bought them both from express for men. I got the black one around November of '06 and the grey herringbone one in July of '07...I have to say they're exactly what I wanted: durable and versitile.

What I REALLY want is a white linen/cotton vest just like these. Anyone know where I can find one?

draws

Practically Family
Looking for two waistcoats

I have a nice number of waistcoats but I am in the hunt for two size 42 Long waistcoats to complete the set.

Specifics: Size 42-44 L with with 6 button yellow wool/doeskin hunt waistcoat and a cream tattersall waistcoat.

If someone has either of these you wish to part with or know of someone who might, please PM me. Appreciated.

Shangas

I'll Lock Up
I love a good waistcoat; I like how they look, how they feel and that classic air about them. Also, I wear a pocket-watch regularly, so having a waistcoat is kind of essential to me. Here are my three waistcoats:

garters.jpg

Midnight blue five-button, two-pocket waistcoat. Belonged to my brother, who never wore it...so I pinched it!

dinnerclothes.jpg

Black seven-button, four-pocket waistcoat. Bought this brand-new about a month ago. Top pockets for wallet, cards, pens. Bottom pockets for pocket-watch and loose change.

bluecoat.jpg

Dark blue belted-back, two-pocket, four-button waistcoat, with lapels. This is my only belted waistcoat. I apologise for the terrible photo with this one.

fluteplayer07

One Too Many
Deserves a bump.

What type of lapel option is best for wearing one solo? SB or DB? Not looking for too formal... Dress trousers, dress shirt, tie. If I don't feel like putting on a jacket.

Shangas

I'll Lock Up
Poor Flutey hasn't received a reply to his bump. And Flute's an awesome guy who deserves a reply.

Wearing a waistcoat is almost a daily thing for me. I prefer waistcoats WITHOUT lapels if just wearing them with trousers/pants and shirt (and tie, if one is being worn).

This is my latest purchase:

brownwaistcoat1.jpg

brownwaistcoat4.jpg

brownwaistcoat2.jpg

brownwaistcoat3.jpg

It's a chocolate-brown, six-pocket, five-button belted-back waistcoat with a black silk lining. Size is SMALL. Fits me perfectly. Bought it for two dollars at the local thrift shop. I had to sew on a new top button (as the original was missing). Other than that, it's completely brand-new and I love it. The camera doesn't show it that well, but it's actually a deep chocolate brown and very comfortable and fitting. The two bottom photos show the two interior pockets. I've never seen a waistcoat with interior pockets. Are they common?

Here's a wearing-shot, just to show how it fits...

brownwaistcoat.jpg

redtag

Banned
I find Shanga's second waistcoat a bit fascinating. And, the thought of wearing it with a pocket watch brings me back to the good old classical days.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko