Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show your natural leather

Edward

Bartender
I like the way Tenjin products age.
New:
ib4yNOP.png

Worn:
5ElTgho.png

MQrIuN2.png

That really is something. Reminds me of a light brown Saddleback Leather wallet I have that aged to a dark, dark shine from a matt light brown ,which I love. The only natural leather I've had is a slipcase for my Surface. Ages really nicely; a couple of water stain from a drip that got on it, but doesn't look bad. The one thing I'd be wary of would be grey dirt build-up in the "really aged" picture that Superfluous put up, but I imagine that could be addressed with a decent, professional leather clean?

Denham offered the Danilo leather jacket in 2013. It's made from a vegetable tanned leather, but it looks like it's got a bit more colour than the other pieces in this thread, so it might have been dyed.

jpg.jpg

I've never seen a worn-in example, in fact there's precious little information on the web about it, other than a posting at Google Plus, and a photo in an article at Rawr Denim / Heddels.

I found one at the Denham store in Amsterdam, and it was a nice piece. The pocket bags and buttons are leather. Unfortunately it didn't fit, I was a bit fatter back then.

Jings, that's leather? Looked like drill cotton to my eyes in the photo. Nice design.

CBI

One Too Many
These natural leather jackets IMO look TERRIBLE when new but so TERRIFIC after lots of wear/age For me, it would not be worth the time to break one in to get that look but I totally "get" folks making the commitment! I feel the same about raw/selvedge denim.........just me!

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
I like the idea, and pictures of them around the net... :p but the first stain, like when you accidentally drop a ballpoint pen on it, or when a slice of cucumber with mayonnaise stains it, I couldn't imagine... I guess the same with plastic shell on victorinox, the first few scratch on it looks so annoying, and it takes thousands more scratches to make it looks cool....

Last edited:

Mark

Practically Family
Why not just buy a russet colour jacket and skip the ageing process (and associated risks of stains etc) altogether?;)

red devil

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Why not just buy a russet colour jacket and skip the ageing process (and associated risks of stains etc) altogether?;)

Because the idea of a jacket that evolves as you do is fun :)

I stumbled upon natural hides by accident when I bought a belt directly from a leather worker who recommended a natural bull hide for it. Didn't even know what he was getting at at the time. But it sure was fun seeing it darken.
The end result is also pretty unique

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
but belt is easy, not so dominant, shoes, also down there, but beige pinkish jacket is so dominant, very hard to honestly earn all the patina, much easier if the jacket started somewhere honey tone rather than really really pale vegetable leather

devilish

A-List Customer
but belt is easy, not so dominant, shoes, also down there, but beige pinkish jacket is so dominant, very hard to honestly earn all the patina, much easier if the jacket started somewhere honey tone rather than really really pale vegetable leather

The trick with a jacket is too sun tan it. That starts the process off quickly. Then handle it a lot. The natural oils from ones hands soon add patina. Oh and not to care about stains or scratches. Just embrace it all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider