Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show your natural leather

Dav

One Too Many
Okay, not a jacket, but they are natural CXL beauties.
DSC_0377 (1024x683).jpg

Mark Action

New in Town
Damn. Like the 70 year old Sarasota native who never used sun block!
Too funny. I am seriously considering listing this jacket on Ebay so that I can afford the new MF Baloo Jacket that just went on sale yesterday. If you are not familiar with it, MF has pretty much used the same leather and style jacket as the one I posted however they have added mouton hides on the front, back and collar areas.....thus mimicking the vintage "Grizzly' style jackets from the 30's. They also have a flannel lining. Pretty cool jacket however, because of the fur treatments not everyone will be able to pull it off. I seriously doubt that I can, either....but it is a limited run and probably a great investment for your wardrobe. You will definitely be able to recoup most of your costs when you have had your fill of wearing it. Price tag is just under $1,400.00.....salty, but you do get a high quality product for your hard earned bucks.

Mark Action

New in Town
I am 5' 10 1/2" and weigh in at 196. My Campus Jacket is a 44....the largest they make. It has a short drop but works well with my build. I have a short torso so it falls right at my waistline. Hopefully this helps....and, I will alert you if I decide to pull the trigger. Thanks for your interest!

I am 5' 10 1/2" and weigh in at 196. My Campus Jacket is a 44....the largest they make. It has a short drop but works well with my build. I have a short torso so it falls right at my waistline. Hopefully this helps....and, I will alert you if I decide to pull the trigger. Thanks for your interest!
I would be most interested as I'm sure many here would be as well...I love the burnt orange! we are pretty close size wise!

Mark Action

New in Town
I would be most interested as I'm sure many here would be as well...I love the burnt orange! we are pretty close size wise!
Great. I think that the colors in the photo are very accurate. Of course, the only other thing worth mentioning is the inside rough out leather shows signs of indigo rub off. I went through a pure indigo denim phase and it shows on the inside of the jacket in many areas.....looks dirty but is not. Unfortunately this sort of phenomenon is hard to avert unless you only wear light colored clothing underneath. I do have to admit, however.....that the photos truly do not do this jacket the justice it deserves. The different highlights are quite stunning....where the oils and dye have shown up darker that other areas...a stunning patina. Sounds like I am talking myself out of parting with it, doesn't it??

Mark Action

New in Town
Thanks, they're made by John Lofgren. Yes, chromexcel.
They do make a very good pair of boots. I must temper my enthusiasm. I presently own 3 pair of engineers' and always have trouble picking which ones to wear. And then I see a pair like yours and say to myself....I gotta have them.

Reactions: Dav
Great. I think that the colors in the photo are very accurate. Of course, the only other thing worth mentioning is the inside rough out leather shows signs of indigo rub off. I went through a pure indigo denim phase and it shows on the inside of the jacket in many areas.....looks dirty but is not. Unfortunately this sort of phenomenon is hard to avert unless you only wear light colored clothing underneath. I do have to admit, however.....that the photos truly do not do this jacket the justice it deserves. The different highlights are quite stunning....where the oils and dye have shown up darker that other areas...a stunning patina. Sounds like I am talking myself out of parting with it, doesn't it??
I think you'd be nuts to sell it, but I have no credibility as I myself have and continue to be, one of, if not THE, biggest nut on the board.

Reactions: A-1

Superfluous

My Mail is Forwarded Here
To be clear . . . I HATE it . . . and at $3,850, I really hate it . . . that said, it is a "natural leather" and, therefore, consistent with the focus of this thread:

20171019_Mens_Hender_Scheme_FINAL_2507_1024x1024.jpg

20171019_Mens_Hender_Scheme_FINAL_2511_1024x1024.jpg

Burrows

New in Town

Hi there,
I'm interested in a Baloo jacket as well but I'm a little bit confused with the MF sizing. I usually wear a size 42 in most of my jackets but on that particular Baloo jacket, shoulders width and especially sleeves length seem to be on the large side. If I stick to the MF sizing chart, I would pick up a size 40 as the measurements seem to be more appropriate to my body but I'm afraid the fit would be too snug. I'm 5'8 and weigh in at 176.
Have you any idea of which size should I go for?

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Various items of natural leather

Attachments

• image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    24.8 KB · Views: 631
  • 394.JPG
    394.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 606
  • 395.JPG
    395.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 590

Mark Action

New in Town
Hi there,
I'm interested in a Baloo jacket as well but I'm a little bit confused with the MF sizing. I usually wear a size 42 in most of my jackets but on that particular Baloo jacket, shoulders width and especially sleeves length seem to be on the large side. If I stick to the MF sizing chart, I would pick up a size 40 as the measurements seem to be more appropriate to my body but I'm afraid the fit would be too snug. I'm 5'8 and weigh in at 176.
Have you any idea of which size should I go for?
Sorry for the delay in responding. Personally, it's my opinion that my MF Campus Jacket, being just a leather shell fits with room to spare. It is a 44 and the largest size they carry but it works perfectly for me since I like to dress in layers. While wearing a t-shirt I can really feel just how much room there is to spare. When I put on a sweater underneath, however, it fits like a glove. When I called MF to inquire about the Baloo, Peter told me that I should go with the 44 as well....even though it has a flannel lining. It would appear the the lining is somewhat thin and does not impact the fit all that much. Also, the Baloo cannot be put through the initial wet soaking process that Christophe suggests with the Campus jacket because of the mouton fur application. This restriction should keep the size of the jacket in tact whereas I found that the soaking process shrunk the Campus jacket a tad.

Moving on I would think that a 40 will do the trick for you based upon your size and weight. Of course, if you are unhappy with the fit when you receive the jacket, the good people at MF are always very accommodating when it comes to returns......although I do know that it is a hassle most of us would like to avoid. You may want to shoot an email off to them.....they are very good about getting back to me whenever I send one. At any rate.....all the best.....and, let me know what you think if you decide to pull the trigger. I am still sitting on the fence a bit.....wondering how I will divide up the wearing time between the two jackets.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk