Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Showcase of Non-Indy Federations

tealseal

A-List Customer
First ever pictures post

Finally got some time to get some pictures of my tawny fawn Fed IV.

imageqif.th.jpg
imagekcp.th.jpg
imagesab.th.jpg

Sorry for the size and text...I'm not exactly sure what I'm doing with imageshack + the forum yet.

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
Here's my Moonstone model, just back from the slimming-cure at Henry the Hatter in Detroit:

Moon_Fed_02.jpg

Moon_Fed_01.jpg

The brim cutter took too much off; I said 2.5", they cut it to 2" on the sides and about 2.25" in front. Oddly, I'm starting to like it.

Sam Craig

One Too Many
My modified Moonstone Fed4 to the Wanderer format = Playboy style ribbon with bound edge, brim trimmed to non-dimensional.
Photo-0101.jpg

That's a great idea.
I would like to have that done with my brown Fed if I can consider letting go of it long enough to let Wichita Hat Works do their magic.

I have been working on a Kokoda, reshaping the crown and brim to be more like a Bushman and it's worked pretty well so far, but I am thinking about having the brim shortened and rebound at WHW too.

Sam

Windsock8e

A-List Customer
Resurrecting an old thread as I posted originally in the wrong place (ask a question but couldn't work out how to move it). About to order as my first Akubra a carbon grey Fed IV. Despite reading up through the various threads and having decided to go for the Fed IV, vaguely unsure given all the comments on the proportions / big size, but figure I may as well order to find out! Quite keen on not having the Indy bash, hence this fortuitous and topical thread, albeit 8 years ago; Wish me luck...

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Resurrecting an old thread as I posted originally in the wrong place (ask a question but couldn't work out how to move it). About to order as my first Akubra a carbon grey Fed IV. Despite reading up through the various threads and having decided to go for the Fed IV, vaguely unsure given all the comments on the proportions / big size, but figure I may as well order to find out! Quite keen on not having the Indy bash, hence this fortuitous and topical thread, albeit 8 years ago; Wish me luck...
All the best. I think you'll really like the hat. Personally, I don't think of a Fed IV as in any way a big hat. With a Camp Draft, because it's based on the Open Road design, you're on your way to a cowboy hat, but the Fed I consider fairly civilized.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112