Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Simmons Bilt Detroit

I did not see that in the jacket description and after looking at it again at the SB site I do not see a mention of kevlar. What a pleasant surprise.

But on the arm holes: does your other SB jacket have arm holes that are too big?

Yes, I will post on my Detroit when it arrives, though I can't imagine it would look better than yours.
Actually all the SB's I've owned have been high cut in the arms. I think the difference here is the reduced measurements I provided, in terms of width.

samo

One of the Regulars
Nice as always Ton. In am wondering whether You specified such heavy hide or it was game of chance? Last year I bought a CR for my wife in same CXL steer cordovan and asked for thinner hide. The result was reasonable 3 oz thick jacket of about 2 kg.

P.S.: Did You maybe asked for tapering?

Nice as always Ton. In am wondering whether You specified such heavy hide or it was game of chance? Last year I bought a CR for my wife in same CXL steer cordovan and asked for thinner hide. The result was reasonable 3 oz thick jacket of about 2 kg.

P.S.: Did You maybe asked for tapering?
Pure chance Samo. I was told the batch was extremely heavy & stiff...that just sealed the deal for me, I was quite surprised myself when it came to me. I didn't ask for any tapering at the waist but I do believe it's part of the pattern.

K-Pants

One of the Regulars
Have you had the opportunity to wear the jacket while riding? Is it comfortable on a bike?

That's a heavy and thick hide. Do you look for that in a jacket for protection while riding or is that just a style you naturally gravitate to?

It's a great design. As you
Know, it's a favorite of mine too.

Have you had the opportunity to wear the jacket while riding? Is it comfortable on a bike?

That's a heavy and thick hide. Do you look for that in a jacket for protection while riding or is that just a style you naturally gravitate to?

It's a great design. As you
Know, it's a favorite of mine too.
It wouldn't be a very good riding jacket I'm afraid. It's just not cut that way. I only use my Vanson for scooting b/c by design it's meant for it. It just moves and sits much better that way.
My personal taste is for very heavy leather. TBH it's all I've ever known in these jackets. I do have a Vanson z-150 en route. It's super stiff like the comp weight but thinner and will break a bit easier. That's about as light as I'm willing to go. Around 1.2mm.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ