Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Simmons Bilt Roadster Size 44 Clayton Smooth Horse

lina

Practically Family
Thanks. I like it so much I just bought a slightly bigger one.

I think the size is the issue. It's a little big from what I've seen on here. I think the 38's and 40's go quickly, but when you get into the meathead sizes...well...

Yeah, I like it a lot, but pretty sure I'm a 42 in that jacket...

MRB1248

Familiar Face
Yeah, I like it a lot, but pretty sure I'm a 42 in that jacket...
Comparing it to my Aero Maxwell in a 42, it's a completely different fit. Much roomier, almost boxy. But I find that if I wanted to layer under it, I would have to wear this over the Aero. I can get a t-shirt under that jacket, and that's about it.

lina

Practically Family
Hmm, interesting... so you're a 42 in the Aero and a 44 in this Simmons Bilt (with as you say a boxier fit). Curious if you tried on a 42 in the SB?

MRB1248

Familiar Face
Hmm, interesting... so you're a 42 in the Aero and a 44 in this Simmons Bilt (with as you say a boxier fit). Curious if you tried on a 42 in the SB?

I didn't even think about it. I sent them my measurements and they built the jacket and it's labeled a 44. The 42 from Aero is a slim fit jacket, and they weren't kidding. It fits well except the shoulders, where it's a touch tight. For the Roadster, I asked for a little more room so I can wear a sweater or layer another shirt under it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points