Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Simonds Caps

Simonds

Vendor
It's not too bad, the pattern goes together fairly well and I've been busy sewing darts in order to see what works best for each pattern. Glad you like the cap, will be shipping it soon.

babygirl...

One of the Regulars
WOW! I really like your style Simonds! Simplicity & Style is very hard to do..Great looking caps! I will be contacting you soon! :) Hope you do ladies caps too?

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
Babygirl: Welcome to the Fedora Lounge - if you like caps, you are really going to like this place. We are very lucky to have some very talented cap makers here. As I have found (to my delight) it's a case of 'ask and you shall get.'

babygirl...

One of the Regulars
Thanks for the welcome gentlemen!

Simonds, that cap is badddd asssssss,,,,,,, is the fabric vintage? 30-40"s fleck wool? LOVE IT,,how much for this if I may ask?

Nice fabric. I like this kind of picture:

il_570xN.537149248_g5h1.jpg

babygirl...

One of the Regulars
Agreed! I have always liked the diamond pattern on caps, I assume that is vintage fabric? Too bad is isn't my size, do you have more? I saw your prices on Etsy and I have sent you a private message, hope to hear from you soon! :)

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
Excellent. Barry is working on a new cap for me. He is copying it from a lovely vintage Russian flat cap. I'm rather looking forward to it. In my favourite cloth, Bedford Cord.

Stuffsmith

Fedora Lounge Artisan
babygirl, you won't be disappointed, he does excellent work, as I'm sure you've seen! Post to the Cap Faction as well, OK? :)

babygirl...

One of the Regulars
DEAL!!kEITH i WILL..:)

TT, THAT IS SOME THICK FABRIC...IT SHOULD BE VERY STRUCTURED..WHAT STYLE??

p>s I ONLY WRITE IN CAPS BECAUSE THE OLDER I GET THE HARDER IT IS FOR ME TO SEE AND I AM TIRED OF ALL THE TYPOS I KEEP HAVING,,,LOL'_) THANKS FOR UNDERSTANDING!!! :)

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
Yes, the cap will be very structured. The original had some very strong, thick, support in the lining. Barry is working to replicate that.
This is the original:
russian.jpg

babygirl...

One of the Regulars
im sure Simonds will fulfill what u have requested TT...he seems to have a knack at the caps...hehe :) I know corny....lol~!

Simonds

Vendor
TT, check ur in box! the cap is done!!!!!!!! it turned out greattttt!!!!! Please be sure and get some head shots once received! :) Tonya..

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
BK, it's the cut and sewing technique that allows the corners to be rounded. I do have 2 other patterns, but I keep reaching for this one. Do you prefer the pointy dart over the contour ones? The buckham I'm using is very close to the french canvas, but I do think the french canvas is made a lot better. Thanks for sending that to me btw! Here is a newer 8 panel cap also that I have been working on. I have redesigned the rear of the cap and constructing them a little differently.

I really like this pattern. Do you offer it in a brown, somewhat like the Donegal tweed? Please PM me with your prices.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto