Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

So trivial, yet it really ticks you off.

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
IMG_7310.JPG

Spending summer in Temecula, Calif.
Lovely weather.
There's no whitehorn/hawthorn at all in
sunny Temecula where I'm visiting family.
Orange trees growing in front.
Wine vineyards all around. A nice place.
I may take them up when they said,"
" stay as long as you want Jake!"

The best part.....
No Mosquitos... :D

Last edited:

Harp

I'll Lock Up
The plain fact is that 99% of the time a criminal trial is about as exciting as watching paint dry. Spicing things up so that John and Jane Q. Public stay tuned, while still maintaining at least a semblance of reality, is an art form in itself.
Veritas, but an exception for me is Commonwealth of Massachusetts vs Woodward, for facts and the obvious bias of the presiding judge and his non obstante veredicto intrusion.o_O

Last edited:

ChiTownScion

Call Me a Cab
Veritas, but an exception for me is Commonwealth of Massachusetts vs Woodward, for facts and the obvious bias of the presiding judge and his non obstente veredicto intrusion.o_O

I remember that case for two reasons which have nothing whatsoever to do with the fine points of jurisprudence:

1. One of my courtroom partners was a sorority sister of the mother of the unfortunate child; and

2. My wife's comment regarding the case which will (at least in this house) live in infamy. "These people who hire these Brit girls to come over as au pairs don't really understand what they're getting into with them. They come over here to party until they drop.. and the parents hire them expecting them to be Daphne Moon [a character played by Jane Leeves on the television show, Frasier ]."

Did you ever count how many shots are fired from a six-shooter in movies?.

And the absolute basic unrealistic thing about car-chases in movies, already kids are comprehending:

What about the permanent risk to crash into people, crossing the street????

Car-chases in movies... ;);););););)

5:18 ;););)

Last edited:

LizzieMaine

Bartender
Okey, this is a first. I'm eating breakfast down in the greasy-spoon this morning and the guy next to me at the counter has a cell phone propped up in front of him and is watching what appears to be some kind of recording of a violent, explosive military-themed video game with the sound on the phone turned up extra loud. No earphones, just the volume turned way up. I have never seen (a) a person watching a recording of a video game or (b) a person watching a phone with the sound turned way up in public like that. Is this a thing now that I have to start getting outraged about?

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
Okey, this is a first. I'm eating breakfast down in the greasy-spoon this morning and the guy next to me at the counter has a cell phone propped up in front of him and is watching what appears to be some kind of recording of a violent, explosive military-themed video game with the sound on the phone turned up extra loud. No earphones, just the volume turned way up. I have never seen (a) a person watching a recording of a video game or (b) a person watching a phone with the sound turned way up in public like that. Is this a thing now that I have to start getting outraged about?

This guy was rude regardless of
what device he was using.

I'd be more upset at the proprieter
of the place for allowing it!

To me this is like people who watch poker tournaments. I'll never understand the thrill of watching someone else play cards.

I read news on my cell phone pretty much ALL THE TIME. I can't see how it's any more disturbing to those unfortunates in my vicinity than would my reading the same news printed on paper.

However, subjecting those same unfortunates to noises not of their choosing is a whole nuther matter. The people sharing those public spaces are equally entitled to their own mental occupations. So any person intruding on that is just being a ****.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21