Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

So trivial, yet it really ticks you off.

BlueTrain

Call Me a Cab
Since English is a Germanic language, one would think that it would be easier to learn than other languages. Some of the words are the same, word order is the same and so on. But I just can get past the fact that "auf" means "on."

ChrisB

A-List Customer
The main obstacle to English speakers is German grammar, which is modeled on Latin. With four cases, three genders and plural, something as simple as "the" becomes quite complicated. Pronunciation, on the other hand, is simple compared to the idiosyncrasies of English.

ChrisB

A-List Customer
Naturlich, in a moment of insanity:oops:, I once registered for an 08:30 AM German class then had to grapple :confused:with grammar at night.

When I studied German in high school, I never thought about it, I just did it, it came easily to me. When I try to read German now, I am always trying to understand the grammar, and end up getting nowhere.

Lean'n'mean

I'll Lock Up
Sehnsucht

Dies wird die letzte Trän’ nicht sein,
Die glühend Herz-auf quillet,
Das mit unsäglich-neuer Pein
Sich schmerzvermhrend stillet.

O laß doch immer hier und dort
Mich ewig Liebe fühlen,
Und möcht’ der Schmerz auch also fort
Durch Nerv und Adern wühlen.

Könnt’ ich doch ausgefüllt einmal
Von dir, o Ew’ger, werden !
Ach, diese lange tiefe Qual,
Wie dauert sie auf Erden !

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
I was thinking today, how often people do small kind acts for me, and I to them! Acts such as, letting me onto the street in front of them, holding the door, or letting me walk in front of their car. I would say, on a given day, for every jerk, there are at least five nice people.

I was thinking today, how often people do small kind acts for me, and I to them! Acts such as, letting me onto the street in front of them, holding the door, or letting me walk in front of their car. I would say, on a given day, for every jerk, there are at least five nice people.

I'm born in 1984. I can't remember when or from whom, but anyhow, I learned the old virtue "not to let the door clap before someones nose!"

And "You should NOT hinder travellers!".

Oh man, I'm honest!
I finally drove to this one supermarket and grabbed further three doublepacks of these wonderful Slazenger-licensed boxerbriefs! The seemingly last three M-size packages, they got. :D

Man, they are so so good! They are fitted absolutely correct and of course, they are sport-boxerbriefs and so, they are definitely "well conceived". It feels great, when you are walking. And the thinner, more breathy cotton is of course fine, too.

That's the reason, why Slazenger was so famous in the older days of sports!! :)
That's the difference between a simple massmarket-boxerbrief and special, well conceived sports-underwear!

And I tell you, they are even more perfect as the original Calvin Klein-boxerbriefs!

And now, I got eight pieces of them. Life's good. :cool:

BlueTrain

Call Me a Cab
I had French in high school, so I didn't have to take any language in college (except, ironically, more English). But the only advice I ever received about going to college was to get all my classes first thing in the morning. Worst advice I've ever received.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points