Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Some great WW2 motorcycles

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Some great bikes! A friend of mine got a ride on a Kettenrad, real slow but a lot of fun. Those Germans in Russia look real cold! Wish I owned a few of those bikes.

casper

New in Town
Did you see the German sidecar outfit captured by British 8th Army troops, check out the Schmeisser too. Some lovely old shots. Check this one out in a tribute to the USA......

86342517826311452_eZc98uHF_f.jpg

Plus an old ''Indian'' motorcycles ad, lovely....

86342517826278851_DKNBPgGM_f-1.jpg

Casper

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Yes I did see those. I wish they had a side view of the French motorcycles. I wonder what make they were. I must admit, I know little about French motorcycles.

Italian Moto-Guzzi Alce (Elk)
alce2.jpg

Japanese Type 97 Motorcycle
With its characteristic boat-like side car the Rikuo Type 97 (1937) was an adaptation of a license-built 1934 Harley-Davidson.
p302842537-3.jpg

Soviet M62 Motorcycle
Based on the 1939 BMW R-71, modern Chinese clones of the M62 have been popular with re-enactors
ural650-sportsman.jpg

Last edited:

casper

New in Town
Yes I did see those. I wish they had a side view of the French motorcycles. I wonder what make they were. I must admit, I know little about French motorcycles.

I really don't know; I am guessing that they were French made, but I know little of vintage French bikes. Any clever person do let us know! Peugeot made motorcycles but this is a guess !

Casper

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112