Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Some Reenacting Photos from this summer

Vladimir Berkov

One Too Many
Russians! Who are they? It looks like infantry private and an infantry corporal from the pictures although it is hard to tell the color of the shoulderboards exactly.

indieflmkr

Familiar Face
Vladimir Berkov said:
Russians! Who are they? It looks like infantry private and an infantry corporal from the pictures although it is hard to tell the color of the shoulderboards exactly.

That's John and Melanie, afraid I didn't get their ranks. They are with a unit in the World War Two Historical Society (I think the 62nd guards??).

They are some of my best customers :D

Vladimir Berkov

One Too Many
Hmm, I haven't heard of the 62nd Guards but I have never really been to an event up in your area either. If I am ever at an event you are at I am going to have to have you take my picture, you do great work.

shamus

Suspended
Great photos... Looks like you were really there.

One point though on the "army photograher" I have researched this a bit and although the camera is a speed graphic 4x5, it should be the matte black military finish and not the chrome civilian one. I picked one up on ebay a few years ago, but put it back on a few years ago too. They also had a green one, but I believe that one is post WWII.

It's amazing to think that guys had two shots with this camera that weighs like 5 pounds, He sees everything upside down and stand up all while people are shooting at you... and if you have chrome trim it's an easier target.

I've also heard that after the war, speed graphic had the army dig a hug ditch and they dumped all the war camera so they wouldn't flood the US market! ah the horors of war.

Wild Root

Gone Home
Good photos friend! Looking good. I agree with the last post of Shamus and he's right about the mat finish cameras. Good point there friend.

Any way, one peice of advice I'm sure you already know about. When taking period photos, try and not take them with modern cars in the backgrownd. You can photo shop them out if you know how to.

I might try that out my self for you.

Root.

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I loved...

....the family pic at the end from Minnesota I think it was (MN?) with the grandmother, daughter and two wee girls. Really captured a 30s / 40s look to it and made me feel all good inside and wanting some of my mom's apple and cinnemon pie! What a great selection of shots. But as echoed before, just keep an eye on he backdrop, little things like cars, a watch or even telegraph poles can give the game away for vintage styled pics. Loved them, thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21