Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Someone got a beauty of a wide-brim Cavanagh!

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
It wasn't me. :(

I was watching this beautiful Cavanagh to see how it would do. It's not often that a Cav comes up for sale that's not a stingy brim, at least in my experience. I'd forgotten that it was ending last night, otherwise I might have bid on it to use my ebay coupon. :eusa_doh:

The seller is either a member here or a lurker; he acknowleges Brad Bowers and the Fedora Lounge for being the source of his information when he answered the question "What's a Cavanagh Edge."

Lovely hat....

Regards,
Tom

Ande1964

Practically Family
That is a beauty. I love the color.

I just acquired my first Cavanagh edge my own self... it's in the new hat thread.

Anj

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
Wow, that didn't go cheap! Nice hat, though and great color.

I appreciate the citation -- it's better than plagiarism! However, I really need to get my updated information into print, as they used info that I have long since supplanted. That's the one big problem with using the Lounge as an historical resource, the old info still circulates and spreads the problem. I guess it's time for "The Definitive Cavanagh Edge Primer," at least to this point in the research.lol

Brad

NonEntity

Suspended
Can a hat be a piece of ....?

If so, that Cavanagh certainly is. Since I must occasionally work for a living and raise kids, I missed the posting entirely.

As remarkable as the hat itself were the excellent description and photos of it that leave very little doubt what you're buying. I would have gladly shelled out a couple hundred for it. I love everything about that hat--the crown height, brim width, lining, sweat (easily repairable), ribbon, condition, bash, color--except the size: I'm a 7 1/8.

Never-the-less, had I seen the post, I would have gotten it anyway and felt-padded the 7 1/4 down to fit me. Rats!!!

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
WHOA NELLIE!!!

NonEntity said:
Can a hat be a piece of ....?

,,, back the truck up, now, sir... I am not certain I like the implications of that statement. I mean, after all, what does that, then, make the fella who sells that hat? ;)

Viper Man

Banned
What a beauty. I saw it the day it was listed and wept because I knew I'd never be able to bid high enough to own it. My size, too. I'm feeling better now. :eek:

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
univibe88 said:
When do you all believe that hat was originally made? Are they any details that link it to a certain time?

Anytime in the 1940s through early '50s. The best clues are the crown height and brim width. Beyond that, most Cavanaghs look the same in their appointments.

Brad

Spellflower

Practically Family
Stan and Bob, i wouldn't cry too hard; with those size 7 1/8 noggins of yours, you're bound to find dozens of great hats that us big-headed guys can only dream about!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider