Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Something old (ish) - 10 months in AL Simmons Bilt

A-1

One Too Many
I'm sorry. Many things to do. I'm on tour right now. Will be home next Monday. Then I'll put it up for sale. Promise!
Didn't think it might cause such a stir.

- Everything's Collapsing! -

A-1

One Too Many
I've just arrived home. Found a thing that needs fixing.
Takes some time... Sad but true.
Will write in more detail, when I sell.

sweetfights

My Mail is Forwarded Here
It's CXL Steer ..... the colour is Burgundy ( very close to Cordovan ) and it has weathered very well ..... price and availabillity were the deciders .. it was imediately available and at a GREAT price :D

One more pic to show hiow soft the Horween CXL steer has become :D

Damn nice looking jacket!!

galopede

One of the Regulars
I've had an AL Drifter in the Havana Chromexcel Steer for 18 months now. Lovely jacket but mine is still as stiff as a board. Sleeves are softening up but the body is still like wearing the cardboard box it came in! If I sit in the car with it on, the collar shoots halfway up the back of my head.

Mine came from their outlet pages too.

Winter's coming, I will wear it more.

Mind you, I got my new Mascot Black Rock this week and that will be vying for wearing too!

Gareth

Capesofwrath

Practically Family
I've had an AL Drifter in the Havana Chromexcel Steer for 18 months now. Lovely jacket but mine is still as stiff as a board. Sleeves are softening up but the body is still like wearing the cardboard box it came in! If I sit in the car with it on, the collar shoots halfway up the back of my head.

Mine came from their outlet pages too.

Winter's coming, I will wear it more.

Mind you, I got my new Mascot Black Rock this week and that will be vying for wearing too!

Gareth

I have a two year old one in Havana CXL Steer which has softened up quite well when warm. I wear CLX HH and Steer jackets indoors to lounge on the sofa and watch TV and such for a week when new, and then sit on them for a few weeks loosely rolled, and then as sofa cushions tightly rolled for a while longer. Apart from driving I find that’s the best way to soften them. It softens without abrasion or wear.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider