Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Source of James Spader's hats {The Blacklist}

RBH

Bartender
2C7CF10900000578-0-Ready_for_anything_Dressed_warmly_and_formally_in_a_suit_jacket_-m-136_1442697281119.jpg

besdor

Vendor/Sponsor
We ended up supplying the shpw with two custom made Beaver Borsalino hats. Mr Spader is very particular (or maybe it was the designer!) about the hat. It had to be 2 inches in brim width . The problems that come along is that colors can vary from time to time escepialy in the Gray selection. But everything worked out in th eend.

besdor

Vendor/Sponsor
We didnt charge any extra fees for the hats . The biggest problem is getting the company to make a single hat for us. People ask us all of the time to make custom hat . If its a standard color, no problem. When the colors are light colors such as white, then we have to wait until the machines are cleaned from producing darker colors.

Reactions: RJR

Quicksilver

New in Town
Hello all. New poster here. I was just wondering about the black fedora that spader wears on the blacklist. I'd like to have a similar hat in the $1-200 range. What would my options be?

art_deco_fan

Familiar Face
Need either a photo or the season and episode No. to get a reference for the hats dimensions. Hats come in a huge combination of brim/crown/ribbon sizes. good luck with your search and welcome to the group!

art_deco_fan

Familiar Face
I will check it out first chance I get, but having watched and enjoy Blacklist myself, I can say that most of his hats are in the 2ish" brim wise. I would search for 50's-60's stingy brimmed hats.

Quicksilver

New in Town
Thank you. I had found that thread already but the Borsalino hats look to be a little bit out of my price range. I was looking for something similar that wouldn't be over a couple hundred

tommyK

One Too Many
Quicksilver, if You're a smaller size you may get a modern Borsalino from Ebay in that price range (I've even seen 7 1/2's go for under $200). Something like a Belagio might fit the bill in terms of crown height and shape. You could always trim the brim down to 2 inches (I think the one I have is 2 3/8's)

I agree with hatsRme that Bencraft is your best/cheapest option for new. You're looking at about $300 with tax though

Lotsahats

One Too Many
I think Tommy's right--stingy brims on eBay tend to go more for less. Tend to, that is. It's not guaranteed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leatherpatch