Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Source of James Spader's hats {The Blacklist}

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
I'll still watch.

How do we know this?
John posts them on his instagram

ffe428b646ae39bd46fe84f621321974.jpg

besdor

Vendor/Sponsor
Most of his hats are in fact Borsalino hats. We sent the prodction company for the show a hat or two. From what I'm told, Mr Spader is very specific with his hat reqiurements.
I'm sure Optimo Hats has done some work for him.

AndyR

One of the Regulars
hatsRme, frunobulax, I did enjoy that scene regarding Churchill's Homburg. His reverence for the item was well depicted.

I will add, earlier in this thread, I mentioned that I was unhappy with the direction of the series. There's no question that the show bounced back with a vengeance last season and this.

bendingoak

Vendor
Most of his hats are in fact Borsalino hats. We sent the prodction company for the show a hat or two. From what I'm told, Mr Spader is very specific with his hat reqiurements.
I'm sure Optimo Hats has done some work for him.

Yes he is. When nbc contacted me, they said they contacted several other companies looking to replace the Borsalinos. Do to the fact he was no longer satisfied with the quality felt and finish. They had me make several hats for them for season 4 & for season 5.

mattmactimpson

One of the Regulars
Yes he is. When nbc contacted me, they said they contacted several other companies looking to replace the Borsalinos. Do to the fact he was no longer satisfied with the quality felt and finish. They had me make several hats for them for season 4 & for season 5.

But he still wares Borsalinos in season 4 and 5

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bendingoak

Vendor
I just started to watch the show. I’m at the beginning of season 2. They didn’t throw away his old Borsalinos (“replace” poor choice of words on my part). I know that as I had a couple of them sent to me. I had to send them back as they still wanted them. They just couldn’t add to them as Mr. Spader didn’t like what Borsalino was doing anymore so the costumer went on a search to see if they could get what MR Spader wanted. I had made several for them in different colors and of course they wanted them to look like the Borsalino.

I hope that helps

Last edited:

mattmactimpson

One of the Regulars
I just started to watch the show. I’m at the beginning of season 2. They didn’t throw away his old Borsalinos (“replace” poor choice of words on my part). I know that as I had a couple of them sent to me. I had to send them back as they still wanted them. They just couldn’t add to them as Mr. Spader didn’t like what Borsalino was doing anymore so the costumer went on a search to see if they could get what MR Spader wanted. I had made several for them in different colors and of course they wanted them to look like the Borsalino.

I hope that helps

What has changed with Borsalino that he did not like ?

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
Has it changed so quickly because I’m considering buying a Borsalino

Modern Borsos aren't as good as vintage ones. Just spend some time here to do a little research. They still make good hats. But, Optimo makes great hats. Mr. Penman makes an outstanding hat. As does Art Fawcett, Bob Jessee, Alley Kat, and many other custom makers.

The attention to detail is just much greater. Try to find a tacking stitch on a Penman hat!

bendingoak

Vendor
Has it changed so quickly because I’m considering buying a Borsalino

If you want one like he wears on the show, I offer them just like I made for the show. they sent me a couple of hats to replicate and believe me if I can make James Spader happy. It will be exactly like the show.

mattmactimpson

One of the Regulars
If you want one like he wears on the show, I offer them just like I made for the show and they sent me a couple of hats to replicate and believe me if I can make James Spader happy. It will be exactly like the show.

With the Borsalino tag on the ribbon ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112