• Welcome to The Fedora Lounge!

STAKER HATS?

Discussion in 'Ask The Artisan' started by EricRod, Jun 8, 2017.

1. EricRod

EricRod New in Town

Greetings:

I'm considering getting a custom hat from Staker Hats (www.stakerhats.com). I was wondering if anyone here was familiar with there work? Their prices and turnaround time seems fair. How is the quality of their work? How is their customer service How to they handle correcting problem issues (ie hat not movie accurate)?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
    Eric

2. EricRod

EricRod New in Town

No one, huh? :(

Eric

3. RJR

RJR I'll Lock Up

Just a suggestion;you might try your question in the "ask and answer" section of the hats forum.I very seldom look in the artisan area.

4. khaki8

khaki8 New in Town

I just ordered a hat from Craig and he was great to work with. He is currently running about 9 weeks. I sent him this thread and maybe he can introduce himself and his hats. He does mainly western but also some fedoras. He does a soft felt without shellac stiffening. I ordered a little gus...can't wait to get it

5. HEricRod, post: 2260182, member: 9263"]Greetings:

I'm considering getting a custom hat from Staker Hats (www.stakerhats.com). I was wondering if anyone here was familiar with there work? Their prices and turnaround time seems fair. How is the quality of their work? How is their customer service How to they handle correcting problem issues (ie hat not movie accurate)?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
    Eric[/QUOTE]
    He seems pretty pricey compared to the custom hatters here in the Lounge. Two to three times the price in fact and I can't imagine the quality being any better than the Lounges master hatters. From his colour descriptions he is using Winchester felts same as the others
    R

6. khaki8

khaki8 New in Town

I don't anyone offering the style of hats as Staker does. His proportions and details are great. His hats are not as pricey as O'ferral in Santa Fe...but they also offer incredible styling on their hats and enormous selection.

7. EricRod

EricRod New in Town

Thank you sir. :)

Eric

8. EricRod

EricRod New in Town

He seems pretty pricey compared to the custom hatters here in the Lounge. Two to three times the price in fact and I can't imagine the quality being any better than the Lounges master hatters. From his colour descriptions he is using Winchester felts same as the others
    R[/QUOTE]

Hmm. I thought his prices were pretty reasonable, especially when compared to someone like Knudsen Hats, which I love. Staker's "Drover" hat is $245. Are you saying that you think I can get it cheaper?

9. I used his website and punched in a Beaver felt fedora..standard trimming and the price came up.at $700
    That is 2 to 3 times a custom by Northwest or VS. But at $245 for a custom rabbit it is more in line with their offerings. Does he send you a conformatteur to get your exact head shape and size?

10. EricRod

EricRod New in Town

I have to admit, I've only inquired about the Drover hat that he advertises on Etsy for $245. I have yet to actually place the order. The reason I've been hesitant is because the Drover hat pictured on the Etsy page does not appear movie accurate, specifically the brim. I've mentioned to him that the brim on his hat does not look accurate. I said the actual brim appears to be stiffer, like that of a homburg. He said his brim is stiff. I'm afraid that we're not on the same page, which is why I've been a bit hesitant. Below is a pic of his hat and the actual Drover hat. What do you think?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. T
    They look close. The original looks to have more brim curl but that could be just the angle of the pic. How ate his Etsy reviews?