Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"Star Wars" Episode VII Cast announced/revealed

highway66blues

One of the Regulars
Yes, VERY much lookin' forward to seein' it.
I grew up (?) with the OT and the PT and now I get to grow up with this trilogy.

Congrats to those who've stayed spoiler-free.

resortes805

Call Me a Cab
whole lotta belly achin' in this thread; glad to see it's turned around a bit.

The trailer looks good; they really went out their way to bring back real sets and prosthetics and such.

I'm looking forward to Rogue 1.

At 48 years old, I still remember my Dad taking me to the first movie late 70's, this year I'll be taking my 5 year old to see it and buying the tickets for Dad back East. Still very much a fan with my cell phone ringing the beeps of R2D2, a different one for text, phone, email, etc. We just tried out the Battlefront for PS2 and I'd own it now if my boy wasn't getting it for Christmas. Enjoyed every movie so far and expect the new one to just as entertaining. They were all good even if Jar Jar was a goof. It is what it is, a damn good series who's popularity speaks for itself and no opinions here are gonna change that.

My latest patches, aged and new condition
2015-11-02 11.32.10.jpg
2015-11-02 11.32.29.jpg
-

highway66blues

One of the Regulars
whole lotta belly achin' in this thread; glad to see it's turned around a bit.

The trailer looks good; they really went out their way to bring back real sets and prosthetics and such.

I'm looking forward to Rogue 1.

Absolutely lookin' forward to Rouge One Too

At 48 years old, I still remember my Dad taking me to the first movie late 70's, this year I'll be taking my 5 year old to see it and buying the tickets for Dad back East. Still very much a fan with my cell phone ringing the beeps of R2D2, a different one for text, phone, email, etc. We just tried out the Battlefront for PS2 and I'd own it now if my boy wasn't getting it for Christmas. Enjoyed every movie so far and expect the new one to just as entertaining. They were all good even if Jar Jar was a goof. It is what it is, a damn good series who's popularity speaks for itself and no opinions here are gonna change that.

GREAT lookin' patches !

I got a year on ya & have been hooked on Battlefront (perhaps you mean for PS4 ?) although I have the original PS2 version.
I agree as well, No other opinions have or Will sway me...Love LOVE it ALL as It IS.

Yeah, PS4.

And Worf, that's more than 3 words ;) I'm not gonna look too deep into it and I'm not "slobbering" but I do at least respect your right to hate it. I'm just looking forward to re-living my childhood a bit with my little boy now. A lot of fun buying him light sabres, blasters, and recently the Millineum Falcon. He was a Stormtrooper for Halloween

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Yeah, PS4.

And Worf, that's more than 3 words ;) I'm not gonna look too deep into it and I'm not "slobbering" but I do at least respect your right to hate it. I'm just looking forward to re-living my childhood a bit with my little boy now. A lot of fun buying him light sabres, blasters, and recently the Millineum Falcon. He was a Stormtrooper for Halloween

Hey as a "Trekker" I respect anyone's and everyone's "passion". I loved the first three well the first 2 S.W. movies and eagerly awated the 4th but was turned off totally by what I saw. Mebbe Abrams can do for S.W. what he did for Trek.... we'll see. Have fun.... slobber all you want. I'll be eagerly awaiting the reviews...

Worf

Again, not slobbering but but if you insist on that word, fine by me, just seems a little odd to me that you choose to use it twice now and I feel a disturbance in the Force :) We will have fun seeing first hand. I figure for a lousy 50 bucks we can see it first hand with a pizza. The reviews are just opinions, and we all know what they say about opinions.

May the Force be with you.....Live long and prosper........or in my best Boston accent.........Whadeva floatcha boat :)

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Again, not slobbering but but if you insist on that word, fine by me, just seems a little odd to me that you choose to use it twice now and I feel a disturbance in the Force :) We will have fun seeing first hand. I figure for a lousy 50 bucks we can see it first hand with a pizza. The reviews are just opinions, and we all know what they say about opinions.

May the Force be with you.....Live long and prosper........or in my best Boston accent.........Whadeva floatcha boat :)

SPEW!!!!! 50 Bucks!!!!!!!! Arrrrrgh!!!!!! It better be good or there's liable to be a riot!

Worf

Edward

Bartender
Jar Jar binks was NOT "a goof"... it was sad, unnecessary and ultimately offensive... and I don't offend easy.

Worf

Have you ever seen the Phantom Edit that was doing the rounds? Never managed to catch it myself, but I gather it deals with the worst of the Binks stuff by cutting every last scene if him that they possibly could. I'm curious as to whether it's even possible to edit that mess into a decent film; I sat through the theatrical release twice too often (which is to say, twice) and Attack of the Clones once, and can't see how either could possibly be salvaged. Not evne seen Episode III, just lost all interest by that point.

hbenthow

Familiar Face
Have you ever seen the Phantom Edit that was doing the rounds? Never managed to catch it myself, but I gather it deals with the worst of the Binks stuff by cutting every last scene if him that they possibly could. I'm curious as to whether it's even possible to edit that mess into a decent film; I sat through the theatrical release twice too often (which is to say, twice) and Attack of the Clones once, and can't see how either could possibly be salvaged. Not evne seen Episode III, just lost all interest by that point.
I'm quite an aficionado of fanedits, and am active in the fanediting community. But I have yet to see anyone fully salvage the prequels. Some have made some impressive improvements, but the movies are just too heavily flawed to fully fix without a gargantuan effort (and maybe not even then). This is by no means meant to discourage you from seeking out fanedits of the prequels, however. You may find some that improve the movies satisfactorily enough for you.

Here's a clip from "The Phantom Edit" that I think all Jar Jar haters will enjoy:

If you are interested in comprehensive reviews explaining in detail all of what's wrong with the prequels, I recommend the highly-acclaimed reviews by "Mr. Plinkett", which are available at the link below. (Just be warned that, despite being in some ways very well thought out and scholarly, his reviews are peppered with gallows humor. "Mr. Plinkett", the persona the reviewer adopts for these reviews, is a slovenly and insane man who is implied to have murdered his wife.)

http://redlettermedia.com/plinkett/star-wars/

Edward

Bartender
Yeah, if I stumbled across a decent edit I'd give it a watch, but I tend to agree that the first two were unsalvageable. I hated Phantom Menace so much that I only went to see lones under duress: it was a birthday outing for a friend of the girl I wasseeing at the time. Making me see Attack of the Clones isn't the reason that relationship ended.... but it should have been. I've still never seen the third one. Could have seen it for free, at a cinema less thanfive minutes from my house, but I just had no interest at all. I think it's been on television here, but I missed it.

I'm still not excited about these new films, but I'll probably give them a go. The nice thing is that where they lie in the timeline means that the crappy prequels are irrelevant, so easily dismissed.

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
I did get a kick out of The Big Bang Theory, tonight, when they went to the opening and invited Will Wheaton! Spoiler alert, he wore his Star Fleet Ensign uniform! When they booed him, he said, "live long and suck it!" :D

I saw The Force Awakens last night. I liked it, but I'll need to see it at least a few more times before I can decide where to rank it compared to the other six movies. I think most fans will be pleased.

Bushman

I'll Lock Up
The Force Awakens: I clapped, I laughed, I was blown away... and I cried. I cried so hard! I cried harder than I ever have over any fictional story! The story is fantastic, and so well written I don't even mind that a few of the scenes rehash from the OT a bit. The effects were absolutely flawless, I couldn't find a single thing I disliked about them even if I tried. I guarantee, the trailers and TV spots only show 10% of what's there! Absolutely lives up to the hype, I guarantee it!

10/10

Worf

I'll Lock Up
The Force Awakens: I clapped, I laughed, I was blown away... and I cried. I cried so hard! I cried harder than I ever have over any fictional story! The story is fantastic, and so well written I don't even mind that a few of the scenes rehash from the OT a bit. The effects were absolutely flawless, I couldn't find a single thing I disliked about them even if I tried. I guarantee, the trailers and TV spots only show 10% of what's there! Absolutely lives up to the hype, I guarantee it!

10/10

Thanks for the write up! I may see it... someday.

Worf

I did get a kick out of The Big Bang Theory, tonight, when they went to the opening and invited Will Wheaton! Spoiler alert, he wore his Star Fleet Ensign uniform! When they booed him, he said, "live long and suck it!" :D
Actually, he was dressed in the original series' blue "sciences" uniform, and pointed "Vulcan" ears. Pretty good episode.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pablosstuff