Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stars And Their Cars

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
Diana Dors in her Cadillac

diana-dors-cadillac_opt.jpg

That looks like a development in Queens that I lived in.

Silver Bird

New in Town
While I don't have a photograph to share I have to call out something that I learned while watching the wedding festivities yesterday. Prince Charles is the owner of 1969 Aston Martin which has been converted to be more ecologically friendly. As reported in the Daily Mail...

"As part of cutting his carbon footprint, the prince has converted the 38-year-old classic car - a 21st birthday present from the Queen - to run on 100 per cent bioethanol fuel distilled from surplus British wine."

Think about that for a moment...the prince has a car that runs on wine! I'm not sure that it gets much cooler than that.

:cheers1: Glad to see this thread's still going. While I don't have any pics of "stars with their cars", I'm sure enjoying those that have been posted here.

BoPeep: Kudos to you on the shoebox. Lookin' good.

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
1953 holidays: American film star Katharine Hepburn driving some sort of a car , along the waterfront with Irene Mayer Selznick (yes, the daughter of Mr MGM ) at Montego Bay, Jamaica.

katharine_hepburn_3164477.jpg

Ed

Familiar Face
I think the photo was taken at Pinewood Studios outside London.

Ah, that would explain why the Cadillac doesn't have white wall tires. You wouldn't see black wall tires
on Cadillacs of that vintage in the US.

Silver Bird

New in Town
It's good to see someone else keeping a more-door alive :thumb: I have a '54 Crestline that bought in 1973. still runs but needs a bit of TLC. Wouldn't trade it for anything, or sell it. Trying to keep motivated on a '67 Thunderbird (4 door Landau ) right now. Tell hubby Good Job. :eusa_clap

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
For a just a second there I thought you were getting fancy with Photoshop, Hadley. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana