Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

STETSON 7x CLEAR BEAVER QUALITY

buler

I'll Lock Up
Seems like the colored felt defeats the Clear Beaver concept of undyed beaver fur felt....

I always assumed that "clear beaver" was more of a description of the quality level of the fur (belly or cheek fur) and not referring to undyed.

B

I always assumed that "clear beaver" was more of a description of the quality level of the fur (belly or cheek fur) and not referring to undyed.

B

I've searched & only came up with undyed beaver fur for "Clear Beaver", never found anything stating it was exclusively beaver belly fur....why I thought it had that tannish color because it had fur from other parts in addition to belly. If anybody has documented evidence of the belly fur claim, I'd love to see it. I have seen ads that call it silver belly color but that could be just catalog rhetoric....

buler

I'll Lock Up
I've searched & only came up with undyed beaver fur for "Clear Beaver", never found anything stating it was exclusively beaver belly fur....why I thought it had that tannish color because it had fur from other parts in addition to belly. If anybody has documented evidence of the belly fur claim, I'd love to see it. I have seen ads that call it silver belly color but that could be just catalog rhetoric....

I have no evidence to back it up. Just a theory on my part because I think RLK has a black clear beaver (I know I've seen someone here with one). So it was pure speculation.

B

rlk

I'll Lock Up
I have no evidence to back it up. Just a theory on my part because I think RLK has a black clear beaver (I know I've seen someone here with one). So it was pure speculation.

B

Yes I do have a Black 7XCB from the 60's.
American Hatter in 1919 talks about Clear Beaver dyed in a range of colors for the amazing $40.00 hat. Optimo also claims the Silverbelly fur takes dye wonderfully.

Screen%2520Shot%25202013-03-09%2520at%25201.18.51%2520PM.png

Last edited:

TomS

One Too Many
Yes I do have a Black 7XCB from the 60's.
American Hatter in 1919 talks about Clear Beaver dyed in a range of colors for the amazing $40.00 hat. Optimo also claims the Silverbelly fur takes dye wonderfully.

Screen%2520Shot%25202013-03-09%2520at%25201.18.51%2520PM.png
Interesting...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto