• Welcome to The Fedora Lounge!

Stetson 7X with new Ribbon.

Discussion in 'Hats' started by Razzman, Nov 29, 2007.

1. Razzman

Razzman One Too Many

I decided to change the crease and the ribbon treatment on this Stetson 7X. It originally came with a cattleman's crease and a thin western ribbon. I wanted to change the look of the hat, by changing the ribbon and the crease. I couldn't have done it without the help of Deanglen and MajorMoore.
    First the original with the thin ribbon.

Now the thin ribbon from Dean,

Finally the ribbon from MajorMoore which I decided to keep on the hat.
  2. I like all three, but I'm partial to wider ribbons. The latest version is sweet! Nice job!! :eusa_clap
  3. deanglen

deanglen My Mail is Forwarded Here

Good choice! Looks great! Very nice hat!

4. Very Good!! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap
  5. J.T.Marcus

J.T.Marcus Call Me a Cab

You started with something beautiful, and you made it BEAUTIFULER! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap
  6. Colby Jack

Colby Jack Call Me a Cab

Beautifuler!:eusa_clap :eusa_clap
  7. While I did like the original, the 2nd is also sweet but the 3rd I LOVE IT!!
    Good job!!!
  8. carter

carter I'll Lock Up

MORE BEAUTIFULER! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

L HATLEY One of the Regulars

10. jimmy the lid

jimmy the lid I'll Lock Up

Razzman -- I think that the color and width of that ribbon are a perfect complement to the 7X. Way to go!!! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

11. Ugarte

Ugarte A-List Customer

To my amateur eye, the thin black ribbon looks very formal. This would be a really good look with a black suit.

But I think you hit it out of the park with the final ribbon. Color and width are really striking.

Well done sir. :eusa_clap

12. deelovely

deelovely Practically Family

I agree completely!! All three ribbons looked good but that wider ribbon and that color... perfect! :eusa_clap :)
  13. Spellflower

Spellflower Practically Family

I LOVE the wide ribbon. I hope RBH and the other Brothers of the Thin Ribbon don't get angry with me, but seeing this makes me want to replace the thin ribbon on the Wildcatter he sold me with a thicker one like you have on yours.
  14. airforceindy

airforceindy One of the Regulars

Well done, I wish my 8X looked that good! Really liked the thin ribbon/OR bow, but the wider one definitely suits it.

Bravo! :eusa_clap

Regards, Andy
  15. ideaguy

ideaguy Practically Family

the wide ribbon works wonders with the lines of the hat-great job:eusa_clap
  16. Razzman

Razzman One Too Many

Thanks for all the kind words, I'm very pleased with the way the hat turned out. The felt is fantastic, very soft and pliable. It will hold any shape. I must again thank Deanglenn for his thin ribbon. I also want to thank majormoore of Buckaroo Hatters for the final product, it was his ribbon and his effort that made it work.