Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stetson Exposition Medals

splintercellsz

I'll Lock Up
Continued from previous page:

e5ugerep.jpg

a4ery3ut.jpg

ebevynur.jpg

tommyK

One Too Many
"Treasure" is the word! Or maybe even "treasure trove". Thanks for sharing all the goodies that came with that beautiful hat. Love seeing stuff like that.

The shawl collar coat isn't bad either. great pairing.

splintercellsz

I'll Lock Up
Stetson Premier Quality

This hat is nothing short of a true beauty. The short/medium length tan felt is soft to the touch, and is beautifully offset by the maroon ribbon and bow. On the interior, one can find a perfectly preserved liner bearing the early Stetson Paris Exposition logo, which is also seen on the sweatband. Sold at the "Frank Zaitz Mercantile Co." in Leadville, CO; one wonders where this hat has been through the years

B.e.a.u.t.i.f.u.l! Now that's what I'm talking about!

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
Thanks! I'm not normally much of a Homburg guy. Here is part of what I posted back in my original write up:

I bought this Stetson homburg because it is in such nice condition after spending the last 61 yrs with one owner in a box! An Excellent Quality grade hat it is still in excellent condition, and in my size! The felt is the nicest of any hat I have ever held in my hand.

According to the previous owner, in 1955 his parents bought what was the original farm house of an orange orchard in Monterey Park, CA that was built in 1916. This Stetson hat along with another hat was in a hat box left in the house. His mother remembers the previous owner of the house was a salesman of some sort. So they know the hat is at least 61 yrs old as they kept the hats in the box all these yrs.

Silverwood was a men's clothing store founded in Los Angeles, CA in 1894 by Francis Bernard (Daddy) Silverwood. What started as 1 store grew slowly to become a chain of 18 stores but Silverwood ended their 97 yr run at yr end 1991.

splintercellsz

I'll Lock Up
Thanks! I'm not normally much of a Homburg guy. Here is part of what I posted back in my original write up:

I bought this Stetson homburg because it is in such nice condition after spending the last 61 yrs with one owner in a box! An Excellent Quality grade hat it is still in excellent condition, and in my size! The felt is the nicest of any hat I have ever held in my hand.

According to the previous owner, in 1955 his parents bought what was the original farm house of an orange orchard in Monterey Park, CA that was built in 1916. This Stetson hat along with another hat was in a hat box left in the house. His mother remembers the previous owner of the house was a salesman of some sort. So they know the hat is at least 61 yrs old as they kept the hats in the box all these yrs.

Silverwood was a men's clothing store founded in Los Angeles, CA in 1894 by Francis Bernard (Daddy) Silverwood. What started as 1 store grew slowly to become a chain of 18 stores but Silverwood ended their 97 yr run at yr end 1991.
Great story thank you for sharing! I can tell you that it is older than just 61 years ;) great size, and shape. I'm glad you didn't pass it up my friend!

Great story thank you for sharing! I can tell you that it is older than just 61 years ;) great size, and shape. I'm glad you didn't pass it up my friend!

I could be wrong but I have dated it in the 1920's. It was left in the box for 61 yrs after the sellers parents bought the house in 1955. I have wondered if the previous owner of the house who left it there (who she remembered as being a salesman) was a salesman at Silverwood & maybe had lots of hats. The other hat was junk.

Charlie, the only time I have worn it out of the house (& therefore the only pictures taken) were last Oct to my mother's funeral. This hat & I are now joined at the hip even if I never wear it again.

Sorry to hear of your loss, Jack. That's one we're NEVER ready for. I hope her good memories have taken over, giving you the comfort that she would want.

That hat stays with you for sure, now.

Here's my Exposition. Didn't draw much interest when I posted it before, probably in the wrong thread. Or maybe I need to take better pics.

IMG_6797.jpg

Wow Jack! Sorry if I missed this the first time (my short-term memory is about as bad as my long-term memory), but that is a beautiful hat! Sounds as if this hat may be with only three families during its time on this Earth. I hope you wear it in good health and with fond memories for many years to come.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points