Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stetson Hemp Stratoliner

1967Cougar390

Practically Family
I have most of my straw hats packed away for the season. The sand is a versatile color, but without seeing my hat again I’m reluctant to compare them. It will take some work, but I’ll dig them out in the next couple of days and get back to you.

Thanks so much. That will be a big help for me picking a versatile color. The sand Hemp Strat in your photos looks much darker than my PFG so I'm leaning towards it more than the brown.

Here’s two hemp Strats in sage. The one on left is unworn. The other has seen much sun and soil from construction sites and been washed once or twice.
Personally, I like both the faded and non.
View attachment 108549

I do like both as well. I think that some of the photos I've seen online it looks much darker that your photo or deadlyhandsome's photo posted earlier. I am looking for a hat that can go with gray or white shirts. So sage might be a good choice.

Here's a picture of the Sage.
The hat is actually a tad lighter but obviously green.. View attachment 108552

I agree in this photo it is green.

Steven

1967Cougar390

Practically Family
I really appreciate all of the information that this thread topic has provided. I’m looking to place my order for the sand hemp Stratoliner at the One 2Mini Ranch. I feel that their prices are good and they have a link on their main webpage to the Fedora Lounge. Has any FL member here placed an order with them? I’d like to support a company that appreciates the Fedora Lounge and it’s members.

Steven

Scuttle

One of the Regulars
I do like the hemp Stratoliners, but they are not anything special. For me, these are warm/hot weather yeoman hats. They are light on the head, well ventilated, and not bad looking. ...

both the hemp and plastic Stetsons are pretty bad hats

I quickly got rid of that plastic nonsense I bought ... I still have a hemp Strat ... I recreased it and it's ok I guess ... it wears awfully heavy though ... I have felts that wear much lighter and breathe better

So... with hemp, maybe starting with the Stetson versions in particular, which is it? Light on the head, or awfully heavy? I haven't handled a hemp hat in person, and am wondering about its over-all weight, feel, etc.

(I have handled different brands' "plastic buckets", whose weight was unacceptable even had the feel been better. Ugh.)

~ S.

So... with hemp, maybe starting with the Stetson versions in particular, which is it? Light on the head, or awfully heavy? I haven't handled a hemp hat in person, and am wondering about its over-all weight, feel, etc.

(I have handled different brands' "plastic buckets", whose weight was unacceptable even had the feel been better. Ugh.)

~ S.

I think the different opinions are based on comparisons to our other hats. Compared to a SunBody in Guatemalan Palm the hemp Stratoliners are absolute air-weights. They are also much lighter than my hemp Akubra Balmoral. However, they are not as light as some shantung, Milan, or toquilla. My hemp Stratoliners are very stiff hats, but that’s just their nature and not a detractor.

I’m sticking to my opinion that they are light and easy to wear hats that can break up the monotony of Panama hats in warm weather.

These are not hard to find hats so I’d recommend to anyone interested to go to a store and try one one before buying.

RJR

I really appreciate all of the information that this thread topic has provided. I’m looking to place my order for the sand hemp Stratoliner at the One 2Mini Ranch. I feel that their prices are good and they have a link on their main webpage to the Fedora Lounge. Has any FL member here placed an order with them? I’d like to support a company that appreciates the Fedora Lounge and it’s members.

Steven
The owner is the Lounger (Monaville Cowboy)who answered you re the sage color.Good guy to deal with.

Rockwater

A-List Customer

Steven
I have bought several hemp Strats from One2Mini. One was worn every day last summer (still have 2 for backups). I find it to be not light, but with good air circulation. Washed well in soapy water and became soft, while still retaining its shape.
Totally satisfied with the seller and the product.

1967Cougar390

Practically Family
Yes... I have ordered many hats from them. The folks at the Ranch are good people!

This is what I was hoping to hear. :)

I think the different opinions are based on comparisons to our other hats. Compared to a SunBody in Guatemalan Palm the hemp Stratoliners are absolute air-weights. They are also much lighter than my hemp Akubra Balmoral. However, they are not as light as some shantung, Milan, or toquilla. My hemp Stratoliners are very stiff hats, but that’s just their nature and not a detractor.

I’m sticking to my opinion that they are light and easy to wear hats that can break up the monotony of Panama hats in warm weather.

These are not hard to find hats so I’d recommend to anyone interested to go to a store and try one one before buying.

I sure don't have the quantity of hats the some of the members here have but with that being said I know opions are based on preference. I like my RedHead safaris and my PFG straw hat. These are lower end hats and I've been satisfied with them. Stetson is a higher end company (maybe not the best from some FL members comments) so I feel I will be satisfied because of this thread, your pictures and reviews.

The owner is the Lounger (Monaville Cowboy)who answered you re the sage color.Good guy to deal with.

Awesome! I'm new here in the Fedora Lounge so I'm not sure who's who but that is great to know. :)

He also often has the best prices, free shipping on orders over $150, and the company is absolutely great to deal with. Highly recommended.

Makes my decesion easier.

I have bought several hemp Strats from One2Mini. One was worn every day last summer (still have 2 for backups). I find it to be not light, but with good air circulation. Washed well in soapy water and became soft, while still retaining its shape.
Totally satisfied with the seller and the product.

Your review and pictures were a big help.

Steven

RJR

This is what I was hoping to hear. :)

I sure don't have the quantity of hats the some of the members here have but with that being said I know opions are based on preference. I like my RedHead safaris and my PFG straw hat. These are lower end hats and I've been satisfied with them. Stetson is a higher end company (maybe not the best from some FL members comments) so I feel I will be satisfied because of this thread, your pictures and reviews.

Awesome! I'm new here in the Fedora Lounge so I'm not sure who's who but that is great to know. :)

Makes my decesion easier.

Your review and pictures were a big help.

Steven
Hat-Stetson Strat Hemp Sage.jpg Hat-PB Milan 3.jpg
Here is a sage Strat and a Peters Brothers milan.

1967Cougar390

Practically Family
Well I placed my order with one2miniranch. I changed my mind at the last minute and went with the Milan Stratoliner in gray because they did not have the sand Hemp Stratoliner in my size. I needed a 7 5/8 or a 61 so I hope I can find one. Looking at many pictures of the milan and hemp Stratoliners in sand the colors just seem very different. The Milan sand looks much lighter than the Hemp sand. Does anyone have both or can anyone confirm if they are two different colors? I'm anxiously awaiting deliver of my gray Milan Stratoliner. I appreciate all of the answers to my questions.
Steven

Well I placed my order with one2miniranch. I changed my mind at the last minute and went with the Milan Stratoliner in gray because they did not have the sand Hemp Stratoliner in my size. I needed a 7 5/8 or a 61 so I hope I can find one. Looking at many pictures of the milan and hemp Stratoliners in sand the colors just seem very different. The Milan sand looks much lighter than the Hemp sand. Does anyone have both or can anyone confirm if they are two different colors? I'm anxiously awaiting deliver of my gray Milan Stratoliner. I appreciate all of the answers to my questions.
Steven

I’ve never gone in for the plastic “Milan” hats. I generally like the natural fibers but I do have a couple Shantung hats that I like a lot. I’ll be curious to hear your review; if they are good hats I might need to pick one up. Sorry I’m no help with the colors.

Hard to believe that it’s almost time to break out our summer hats.

Steven

Just for future reference, if you ask One2miniranch about a hat that they don’t have in stock they can advise if it is on order. They’ll also send you an email when it comes in. Really great service.

1967Cougar390

Practically Family
I’ve never gone in for the plastic “Milan” hats. I generally like the natural fibers but I do have a couple Shantung hats that I like a lot. I’ll be curious to hear your review; if they are good hats I might need to pick one up. Sorry I’m no help with the colors.

Hard to believe that it’s almost time to break out our summer hats.

My Milan Stratoliner arrived yesterday evening and other than me ordering the wrong size (I went with a 61 7-5/8” instead of a 7-1/2” 60) I really like it a lot. It’s perfect for me in many ways. The gray color is exactly what I was looking for, it’s not plastic looking. The band ribbon is straight and the Stratoliner pin will stay, I wasn’t sure I’d like it but it’s the perfect scale to the hat. I like look of the bash/crease and the overall feel of the shape. Here is a picture. It’s sits lower than I’d like because of it being to big but I’ll return it for the proper size and I’m sure I’ll be satisfied.
Steven
AA12AF8F-955C-455C-9F28-E9F6278A5195.jpeg

yOjtLdz.jpg
Got this one in today from Delmonico’s. About 30 min later raised the crown, put in a hand crease, and rolled the front of the brim. Got a little Western flair to this Strat. Seemed like that’s what the hat wanted, so I obliged.
You did well.....I really like how these hemp hats are so easy to personalize.....make them what WE want......yours looks great.
M

Scooterz

Practically Family
StratHemp1.jpeg

Just got this Sand Hemp Strat from One 2 Mini Ranch. I also have a hemp whippet and thought they would be the same hats with a different ribbon and trim. The Strat is a bigger hat. Hard to say how much but the crown looks a bit larger. This Strat has a 2 5/8" brim on front and back and 2 15/16" brim on sides. The whippet is 2 1/2" all around. Don't know if mine is consistent with the average ones, it is a little more like an open road size than like my felt strats. I like it.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk