Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stetson Nostalgia Discontinued?

Jauntyone

Practically Family
I bought a Nostalgia back in 2008, wore it a few times, got caught in a down-pour and the crown turned into a tapered, lumpy mess. I tossed into the closet and forgot about it until yesterday when I pulled it out and decided to use my recently-acquired block and flange on it:
IMG_9004.jpg

After the re-block:
IMG_9001.jpg

IMG_9002.jpg

No more pesky taper for me:D
IMG_9011.jpg

IMG_9006.jpg

I think my Nostalgia will be getting regular wear this fall!

T Rick

Practically Family
Glad to see you rescued the Nostalgia. When you think about it, with all the vintage hats Stetson made over the years of decades gone by, with these having only been produced for about 3 years, and volume probably not exceeding 300 units in any given year (according to a post by Hatco), there are probably only around 1000 of these in existence. I wonder how that compares with the surviving numbers of some of the more popular hats of yesteryear? It could well be that those of us with a Nostalgia have a somewhat rare hat in the Stetson history, comparatively speaking. Certainly, it's a notable benchmark in the companies storied history anyway. Love my Nostalgia...

Last edited:

Jauntyone

Practically Family
I read somewhere that the Nostalgia had been made before this last incarnation. It had slightly different dimensions. I remember Matt Deckard writing about it's crown being prone to taper because it had been so tightly stretched over the block. At least that's what I remember reading; my memory could be playing tricks on me.[huh]

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
Wow, you're right, thanks! They show MINK (never seen it listed before) and black in my size. I hope they're still there in a week or three...

I haven't been to the store in a few months, but last I was there, they had a a pretty good sized stack of them on the shelf, tried to sell me one as a matter of fact.

clossonrr

New in Town
stetson nastolgia

I have decided this is the next hat i need! problem is it appears to have been discontinued. Is there anyone who still sells this hat? I need one in caribou in 7 3/8??? Can someone point me in the right direction?

thanks,
Ryan

Mr. Lucky

One Too Many
I have decided this is the next hat i need! problem is it appears to have been discontinued. Is there anyone who still sells this hat? I need one in caribou in 7 3/8??? Can someone point me in the right direction?

thanks,
Ryan

Just got one at a GREAT price, in Caribou, from the Resistol outlet in Texas. Give 'em a call! (972) 494-0337

Orvil Newton

One of the Regulars
Old thread, I know but I thought I would mention that I found this NOS Stetsonian Nostalgia in Navy, size 7 at Bernie Utz in Seattle in January 2017. I was looking for an Akubra Campdraft, but they didn't have one in my size. When they started digging they were surprised to find this Stetson in a cabinet, covered with dust. They cleaned it and put a center dent with front pinch crease in it for me. BTW, $99.50 was the price tag. Notice the thin ribbon. Love this hat, but I still want a Campdraft.

16406522_10210429460165673_7525594876583511384_n.jpg

RJR

Old thread, I know but I thought I would mention that I found this NOS Stetsonian Nostalgia in Navy, size 7 at Bernie Utz in Seattle in January 2017. I was looking for an Akubra Campdraft, but they didn't have one in my size. When they started digging they were surprised to find this Stetson in a cabinet, covered with dust. They cleaned it and put a center dent with front pinch crease in it for me. BTW, $99.50 was the price tag. Notice the thin ribbon. Love this hat, but I still want a Campdraft.

Nice find.

Nice color, great snag. I need to drive up to Seattle and go to this icon of west coast hat stores.

barrowjh

One Too Many
I have visited there (Bernie Utz), and it is a tiny shop - but it is real, genuine survivor of the 1930s I think. It was sort of a pilgrimage visit. I much rather enjoy visiting Mike Moore's Buckaroo Hatters a half-block off the square in Covington, TN, and I would love to visit Art Fawcett's shop in Oregon. Both of those are going to be much better experiences for hat collectors. However, if you get within a 100 miles of Seattle, how can you justify not making that pilgrimage?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points