Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stetson Royal Deluxe St. Regis Homburg

M

member 36886

Late 1940s Stetson Royal Deluxe St Regis Homburg. In great condition with litle to no signs of wear and tear as if it had only been worn maybe a couple of times... great dome topper to be sure. Can you put a price on style? yes. That price, in this instance is $199.99. FREE SHIPPING anywhere in the United States and most payment methods accepted. Visit www.etsy.com/shop/thriftinspacetime for purchasing options.
il_570xN.766258459_hsbo.jpg
il_570xN.766140404_pofe.jpg il_570xN.766258461_ghzm.jpg il_570xN.766140400_iy48.jpg

M

member 36886

Late 1940s Stetson Royal Deluxe St Regis Homburg. In great condition with litle to no signs of wear and tear as if it had only been worn maybe a couple of times... great dome topper to be sure. Can you put a price on style? yes. That price, in this instance is $199.99. FREE SHIPPING anywhere in the United States and most payment methods accepted. Visit www.etsy.com/shop/thriftinspacetime for purchasing options. View attachment 38360 View attachment 38361 View attachment 38362 View attachment 38363
THE HAT SIZE IS (7 AND 5/8) OR 23.75 INCHES IN CIRCUMFERENCE

g.durand

One Too Many
According to this chart, which is the best one I've seen, 23.75 inches would be between a 7 1/2 and 7 5/8 in USA sizing.

23.84 is a 7 1/2 in English sizing, but a 7 5/8 in USA sizing.

An American made Stetson of that era would have been marked in USA sizing. Take a look under the sweatband. In most Stetsons of the era, there is a size tag attached to the felt near the back of the hat.

Untitled_zpsxsczknok.jpg

Nikolas, you've entered a tough room. This crowd likes pictures and specs. There are folks here who have been buying and collecting hats for decades. You'll get a better response if you post a few more shots, including, as g.durand says, looking behind the sweat of the hat at the rear for the re-order tag, any other markings, etc. You have a very nice looking St. Regis. Please post a few more shots of the condition of the sweat, as well, and any other stamps, such as a store stamp, that may appear opposite what you've posted.

Take a look at some of the other hat sales in classified for guidance.

Good luck with your sale.

M

member 36886

Thanks for the help guys... i may be new into hats but you all seem like you know your stuff... i have many many great items im sure you'll enjoy taking a look at... My favorite being a notary stamp from a 1970s disco that was run by the mob. shut down for prostitution and racketeering i believe... its already listed on etsy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points