Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stetson Stuff

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
I just received this, and I am SO EXCITED to have the original!!! I wanted to scan in copies for everyone on the lounge. The scans honestly don't do this circular any justice. The actual paper measures 18.5 x 12 and the print is absolutely masterful. What is amazing about this circular is that it was released to suppliers only 8 years after John B. Stetson started his hat business. This circular could have been given to suppliers by Stetson himself.

1873-1874 Stetson Winter Circular

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
i see an open road advert in its future
Open Road would be good. I guess I'll have to start haunting the local consignment and estate auction. They usually have several lots of old magazines every week. Will have to preview them and find a lot with some good ads in it.

Local shop here has one similar, but it's Champ.
It is unfortunately not for sale though. I've asked many, many times.
Very cool find.
I wonder if they were brand specific or if that was just the brand they happened to go out of business/discard it with? I would think that Stetson would have changed out the ad seasonally and to push specific models.
Now to find a spot for it.

Michael

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Nice score!
I think it would be extra cool to make an old-fashioned advert-looking pic of you in one of your favorite hat and suit combos to put in it instead.
I like that idea. I wonder if I can figure out how to get my laser printer hooked up again. I don't think I've used it for a computer or two. I haven't looked really closely, but I think the ad is glued to a fiberboard piece so one should be able to just slide one out and a new one in. Will investigate further tomorrow.

This is so cool! I wonder if it is old or from the 60s like the ad?
I suspect they are the same age. Ever seen a Toronado?

Holy cow this is a bad ass find my man!! Enjoy that thing Michael! :)
Thanks Jeremy. It should be fun if I find the proper place to set it up.

Great score Michael
Wonderful condition as well
Thanks Anthony. It has a couple of rust spots I need to buff off and probably hit with a touch of black paint. The holders themselves are very near the size I would use as a band block. Dual purpose?

Thanks all,
Michael

Jhoff_1979

One of the Regulars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana