• Welcome to The Fedora Lounge!

Stetson "Yukon" hat for Best-made size 7.5.

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by bobm, Nov 14, 2017.

1. bobm

bobm One of the Regulars

2. bobm

bobm One of the Regulars

upload_2017-11-18_10-53-13.jpeg upload_2017-11-18_10-53-36.jpeg

Just a couple of real life pics.

3. bobm

bobm One of the Regulars

4. bobm

bobm One of the Regulars

Another picture - for anyone interested. Will keep it on for a short while longer and see if it sells. It really is a nice Western hat for those interested in that.
    [​IMG]

5. DKeith

DKeith New in Town

Hi - is the hat still for sale at $150 plus shipping?

6. bobm

bobm One of the Regulars

Yes, sir!

7. DKeith

DKeith New in Town

My name is David and I'm new to this group.
    I'd like to know how payments work if we strike a deal, and I'm wondering if you could measure the circumference of your head. Some hats that are 7.5 fit me and sometimes 7 5/8 in the same hat fits. I need to make sure it's not too small.

8. DKeith

DKeith New in Town

Hi again. I just went to the Stetson website and it says 7.5 is 23 3/4" . I'm slightly over 24". I have another Stetson that's a 7.5 and it's too small and I never wear it. Even had it stretched but that didn't work. Sorry to inconvenience you but it probably won't fit.
    We both have big heads!

9. bobm

bobm One of the Regulars

I'm a solid 61 - which I think is a 7 5/8. This fits me well. What size are you?

10. DKeith

DKeith New in Town

I think I answered this in my last reply but I'm not sure I'm doing this correctly. I measure my head and it's 24". I have another Stetson and it's a 7.5 and it's too small for me. I thought they're might be some variation but the Stetson website says 7.5 is 23 3/4". I think that's going to be too small. When you say you're 61 that should make you a 24". Maybe you could measure. Here's what Stetson says: www.overland.com/sizechart_stetsonhats.html

11. bobm

bobm One of the Regulars

I'll try and measure later today.

12. DKeith

DKeith New in Town

Ok . Thanks. If you're head is 24" measuring just a little above the ears as shown on that Stetson measuring chart, I think we could have a deal.

13. dan2

dan2 New in Town

Since we are talking about hat size... Can I ask.. How do I tell the hat size of this ? is there a marking I am missing ?

Attached Files:

14. DKeith

DKeith New in Town

15. DKeith

DKeith New in Town

There will be a little tab inside the brim that will say the size - like 7 3/8". Or in mm like 61. I don't know what these measurements refer to. It's not head circumference.

16. bobm

bobm One of the Regulars

23 7/8"

17. DKeith

DKeith New in Town

That's awfully close. We're having a snow storm here right now and cell service I'd barely working. I'll hope this gets through and then I'll connect in the morning and you can tell me how we proceed with the purchase.

18. bobm

bobm One of the Regulars

19. DKeith

DKeith New in Town

Ok. I send you the pay pal purchase. I haven't sent to an individual before so if you could explain how that's done I'll try doing it tonight.
    David Keith

20. DKeith

DKeith New in Town

I got on the PayPal site and it's barely connecting. I'll do it in the morning or as soon as I can get a good connection.