Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Still Life with Hats . . .

I wrote a little song this morning:

"You Were OR's On My Mind"

IMG_3063.jpg

Desert dog

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I was thinking about the same thing, with a band of buffalo nickel conchos that I have. Do you pick that guitar?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
I have some buffalo nickels too but I'm thinking they might be too big for this narrow leather band. I'm thinking the dimes will be just about the right size.

That's my beater campfire guitar, an Epiphone Texan. When I traveled on the job I always took it instead of my others. My hand is still lumpy & tight after my surgery so I was practicing trying to get some of my chords back. My fingers are stiff & don't want to make the stretch. Barre chords are definitely out for now!

Desert dog

I have some buffalo nickels too but I'm thinking they might be too big for this narrow leather band. I'm thinking the dimes will be just about the right size.

That's my beater campfire guitar, an Epiphone Texan. When I traveled on the job I always took it instead of my others. My hand is still lumpy & tight after my surgery so I was practicing trying to get some of my chords back. My fingers are stiff & don't want to make the stretch. Barre chords are definitely out for now!
Good looking hat and guitar! I liked your photo, so here is mine.
c901a13270c1f850221585d8173abd8b.jpg

Good looking hat and guitar! I liked your photo, so here is mine.
c901a13270c1f850221585d8173abd8b.jpg

Great hat & mandolin. As a suggestion on the pic you might try setting the shot up on something other than leopard. The hunter green wall goes great with both the hat & the finish of the mandolin.

I know you've mentioned it but what else do you play? I was wondering earlier if I could find one of those Martin D28 Dwight Yoakam's. I know where there is/was a NOS Martin 12 string Roger McGuinn but the dealer is looking for big bucks. I'd like to learn to replicate McGuinn's jangle on a 12 string.

Desert dog

Great hat & mandolin. As a suggestion on the pic you might try setting the shot up on something other than leopard. The hunter green wall goes great with both the hat & the finish of the mandolin.

I know you've mentioned it but what else do you play? I was wondering earlier if I could find one of those Martin D28 Dwight Yoakam's. I know where there is/was a NOS Martin 12 string Roger McGuinn but the dealer is looking for big bucks. I'd like to learn to replicate McGuinn's jangle on a 12 string.
Thanks Jack, I see what you mean about the leopard skin! I also play guitar, but seldom, I have an Epiphone acoustic/ electric.

Thanks Jack, I see what you mean about the leopard skin! I also play guitar, but seldom, I have an Epiphone acoustic/ electric.

I was just looking & there are a few of the Martin Yoakam's around, & it's the DD28 (my mistake). They have the low profile neck. I have a couple of Martins, one being the OM28V with the vintage profile neck & I really like that. My 00c in the 16 series has the low profile neck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pablosstuff