• Welcome to The Fedora Lounge!

Stone's Ginger Joe

Discussion in 'The Connoisseur' started by DanielJones, Apr 12, 2012.

1. I was wondering if anyone here has tried this beverage and what they thought of it? Plus is it possible to get it in The States?

It piqued my interest since I enjoy ginger drinks and thought this one interesting.

2. 1961MJS

1961MJS Call Me a Cab

Hi Dan

Is a Ginger Ale, or a Ginger Beer? Oddly enough, I love most Ginger Ale and can't stand Ginger Beer.

3. galopede

galopede One of the Regulars

It appears to be a 4%bv alcoholic ginger beer. Not seen it in the shops though I see Tesco sells the stuff.

I've had a few bottles of the Crabbie's version which has been going for a few years. Quite nice as a summer drink when chilled but couldn't drink many of them! Not the strength, just a bit claggy tasting for me.

4. Edward

Edward Bartender

Assume you don't have a sweet tooth, then? IME, the biggest difference is that ginger beer tends to be much sweeter. I prefer the latter myself, but I like both. Also my mixer of choice with whiskey, rum, and gin.
  5. Methuselah

Methuselah One of the Regulars

Lidl have a good range of Crabbie's booze at the moment - Ginger beer, Orange-Ginger beer, ginger wine, ready mixed whisky Mac, and something else that escapes me at the moment. Bargain prices - but I should say that the ready mixed whisky Mac (17%) is a pale comparison to a properly done one. My mixer of choice being  ginger wine when used in a 50-50 ratio :)