Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stroller - Morning Dress only?

Chasseur

Call Me a Cab
Just a trivia point, but in addition to the old tradition of floor walkers searing strollers/black lounge, some venerable restaurants in India (ie those that existed before independence) the host/maitre d' will wear a stroller and stripped trousers combination (minus waistcoat given the temperature). So I imagine this must have been somewhat common in the rest of the Empire/Commonwealth in the 1930s-50s.

Gin&Tonics

Practically Family
As promised, my stroller inspired ensemble. Many thanks to Sproily and others for their sartorial inspiration! What I find interesting with this getup upon looking it over, is that in a sense it's a reversal of pattern from the standard stroller; I have stripes on top, solid bottom, while the traditional stroller is solid jacket, striped trousers:
dscn0023j.jpg

Another shot displaying the waistcoat that is a bit hard to see with the jacket buttoned
dscn0022p.jpg

Chasseur

Call Me a Cab
In case anyone is interested in a really nice black three piece stroller suit in a large size I've just posted one in the classified.

402784811.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk