Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stroller?

Zoukatron

One of the Regulars
I think powder blue is actually a bit of a risky colour to go with. I've seen a lot of them that just end up looking wrong because the colour was too saturated. I think it's easy for the colour to look right on a shirt, but in a wool or linen waistcoat with a stroller... Just make sure you see it in the flesh first.

Jaxenro

One of the Regulars
My problem is being color blind I don’t know if the vest I posted is powder blue, sky blue, or vivid blue. All I can tell is it probably isn’t navy blue

Zoukatron

One of the Regulars
If my screen is showing the colours of your picture true to life, then I think that specific waistcoat is fine. That is an if though.

Jaxenro

One of the Regulars
72F0F6C3-180C-482A-A578-736C3E0D6C1B.jpeg
Ok jacket and pants are at the tailors getting the sleeves and legs trimmed. Waistcoat matched the pic exactly for color so I am going with it. Now what do you think of this hat to go with it? Too much? Wrong style?

Zoukatron

One of the Regulars
With a stroller it should really be a homburg or bowler/derby, ideally in black. Almost nobody who sees it would be any the wiser though.

Anthony_Eden

New in Town
I would love the look... However, apart from staff from grand luxury hotels (and in Japan I've heard there are still some special Board meetings), it is unfortunately a bold rare look that I dare not put on. Good luck with your stroller!

Edward

Bartender
The waistcoat looks good if you want something brighter and more festive, less formal. Hat-wise, a homburg or a bowler are appropriate (in Summer, a straw Homburg would work; With black tie in the Summer, I often wear a boater with a black ribbon; I think that could be fine with this in hotter weather if you're happy to bend the rules somewhat.) A nice, black vintage homburg shouldn't be hard to find - they're generally a lot cheaper than similarly aged and otherwise equivalent fedoras.

Jaxenro

One of the Regulars
The hat needs some repairs the sweatband and liner are loose so I need to send it out but I will once it’s done

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto