Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stuff... What, no takers???

Wild Root

Gone Home
Ok, guys, this is just to let you all know that I'm letting go some of my stuff. Have to clear out a few things. No, my best stuff is staying with but, need to thin the flock a little. I have one straw hat from the 50's that is nice and also a few ties. I also have some vintage 40's collegiate styled sweaters and such.

I'll take some photos and post some here, I'm going to put them on ebay as well so, yeah.

Any way, just wanted to give you all the heads up and stay tuned!

=WR=

Vladimir Berkov

One Too Many
Sounds cool, I am looking forward to seeing these sweaters. I am all about college styles. Are they the kind with one big letter on the front?

Wild Root

Gone Home
Well, I've not heard from Vlad on the sweaters yet... he's quite picky when it comes to condition. They're not mint so, he's not up to wearing something with caricature I think.

I'll wait to hear from him but, lets see who else may bite.

=WR=

PS. I'm not letting any suits, shirts or shoes go, just a few ties and these two sweaters. Don't get your hopes up!:p

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Baron Kurtz said:
Was that a collective sigh i heard from the tall guys?

bk

"They're not mint so...lets see who else may bite....Don't get your hopes up!"

No, I'd say a groan.

Salesmanship! Can we see some pics?

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
Speaking of which ... I recently saw a 1930s cardigan sweater with a pleated, belted back -- just like a belted back sportcoat. Have you ever run into one of these, Root?

(Our mutual pal Ben McGinty has the sweater. Unfortunately, it's a boy's size.)

Wild Root

Gone Home
Sorry, I've not seen one of them! However, I'd love to see one! And why am I not surprised at the size? Yeah, that sucks!

I'll try and get some photos of the stuff up soon. Stay tuned!

=WR=

Wild Root

Gone Home
A few photos of the sweaters...

Here are a few photos of the sweaters I mentioned.

The first one is a late 30's or early 40's blue wool school sweater. The "M" is original to it. There are a few holes as you can see in the photo. There is one in the right hand sleeve cuff and one in the back of the sweater. These can be darned and this sweater needs to be cleaned. The sweater is a size 40 R.

1191993img2ni.jpg

1191995img4pa.jpg

1191996img9da.jpg

First guy with $35.00 gets it! It may sound steep but, these are getting harder and harder to find.

Second, dark red button front. Has no holes but one that was fixed on the right hand elbow of the sleeve. Small light colored stain that can come out on the front below front pocket. Other spots seen are dust flashes from the camera. And no, they're not "Orbs"!

1191997img5fg.jpg

1192000img1ru.jpg

I have not seen another sweater this old with this color. It's getting hard to find them like this. First guy with $50. will take it or, $85. will take all! I'll even throw in a 1930's tie!

=WR=

PS. The last sweater has all it's buttons.

Wild Root

Gone Home

Wild Root

Gone Home
Um, well, it used to fit me. It's just a hair short for me but, that's how a lot of tall guys wore sweaters then. If some one has some what shorter arms then me, it would be a perfect fit.

=WR=

Wild Root

Gone Home
You don't want....

The ties I have for sale. They're all early 60's junk. I'm going to put them up on ebay.

I've decided to keep the dark red sweater. And, the letter pullover is going to be sold to some one who wants a cool 40's school sweater.

=WR=

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider