Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Summer Make-up anyone?

shopgirl61

A-List Customer
Hi everyone! its been a few years since I posted here...

The HOT summer days are here, therefore my cold cream is def out! Was wondering about an easy face, make-up routine that can withstand some dry heat? OR, is there really such a thing? I find that make-up just melts off :( and I really want to look presentable and.... comfortable in my own skin. So to say.

At my age, I really need to look my best ;)

P.S. i've linked this account with my Facebook, (where i spend more time, feel free to friend me! I would love that :)
https://www.facebook.com/sonia.young.395

Sonia

WifeyRobinson

New in Town
Well hello! I usually mix my foundation and sunscreen together. I get the protection plus the foundation goes on smoother. I always set my foundation with baby powder as well. Find it holds better!

cakesandcakes

New in Town
Are you looking to do a full face of makeup, or something lighter for the hot months? I usually switch over to tinted moisturizer for the summer (the new BB or CC creams might also be a good choice) with a little bit of concealer over any blemishes or dark circles. Gel liner stays put really well, and definitely waterproof mascara. If you do brows, MAC has a really nice waterproof collection that they just released (I reviewed their gel here: http://cakesandcakesvintage.blogspot.com/2014/06/what-difference-brow-makes.htm). I'd probably do lip stain instead of lipstick.
The thing about summer makeup is that it's hard to keep that really perfect, matte finish to your skin, so it's better to work with it rather than end up looking cakey when you pile on the powder.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto