Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tax Refund Time!!!

StraightRazor

Familiar Face
I've got $673 smackers on the way from Uncle Sam, and while that might not seem like much to some, Its no small windfall to me!!! So what should I blo- er, spend it on?? If you had a spare $673, what would you spend it on? I just got a new Expedition from GB, and now I think I want a good A-2 repro. Suggestions and pics?

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
Since you asked...

Do you have a few thousand smackers in an emergency account? If not, I'd open an account with ING and enjoy GB or A2 later on without regret.

greyhound68

A-List Customer
G&B would be a good choice for a repro A2 good quality and they will send you a jacket for you to try on. Of course you have to pay them but if it doesn't work out (as it did just recently in my case) they refund your money. Can't beat that. Aero is also an excellent choice working with Mark Moye their US rep has always been a great experience for me. I think either one you can't go wrong.

StraightRazor

Familiar Face
Well, in my opinion, Gibson & Barnes jackets are very well made, but I want something more accurate, (not a 'modern' cut). I'm thinking this one...
AeroSealBrownStandardA-2.jpg
Aero's standard seal brown Horsehide

Sefton

Call Me a Cab
Recently Paddy posted about his Aero Bronco and it really looks beautiful. I have an Aero "Real Deal" and if it's possible to love an inanimate object all I can say is...don't tell my wife! (And no, I don't work for Aero, don't own more than one A-2. I just had a great experience with them is all.:cheers1: )

The seal brown is real nice. Mine is breaking in very nicely and I don't baby her...well made to last.

greyhound68

A-List Customer
Agree with all above the Aero is a great jacket and working with Mark is always a great experience. I think Mark would even send you a jacket to try on to make sure you get the right size (if he has one in stock). He is very prompt on answering emails or phone calls as well.

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
A rainy day

StraightRazor said:
I've got $673 smackers on the way from Uncle Sam, and while that might not seem like much to some, Its no small windfall to me!!! So what should I blo- er, spend it on?? If you had a spare $673, what would you spend it on? I just got a new Expedition from GB, and now I think I want a good A-2 repro. Suggestions and pics?

I personally would put the money in a CD or other investment, and then forget about it. Then go find a way to make money, ie. work , such as increased sales, or overtime..etc. to buy the TOYS we all enjoy in life.

I hope to have about $5,000 coming back, I hope. We use it to pay our property taxes, car insurance, house insurance, and the life insurance. Then balance goes into the bank. Some day the kid will go to college, and oh, that refrigerator may break down, you never know.

MudInYerEye

Practically Family
Quick, Paddy! You must flex your moderating muscles at once! The dreaded voice of reason has entered this thread and is attempting to sway a fellow hedonist from a proper jacket splurge.

StraightRazor

Familiar Face
Quick, Paddy! You must flex your moderating muscles at once! The dreaded voice of reason has entered this thread and is attempting to sway a fellow hedonist from a proper jacket splurge.

:)

Uhh, yeah. I meant this thread to be a fun, sort of 'what would you do if', kind of thing. As in, if you had $700 worth of FREE MONEY, to spend on anything you want, kind of thing. Not, 'sensible financial planning for a safe and secure future'. Dont worry about me, dad. I live a very frugal life, and have few bills. I also know what I can and can not spend without getting into 'trouble'. :rolleyes: Sheesh, there must be a lot of accountants on this board.

So once again, if you had around $700, and all of your bills were paid, and you had plenty in the bank, what would you spend it on?

airfrogusmc

Suspended
$700 hhmmmm Ya gotta call Mark Moye and get an Aero. Their horse hide is very good as is their goatskin and their jackets are trim. Talk to Mark because each model they make fits a little different.

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
This is the JACKET room...

So let's talk JACKETS guys. If it's about spending money, then while in this room let your imagination go wild, it's fantasy island gents, as long as it's spending it on a good old time vintage styled JACKET. Does reason come into spending money on jackets? rarely!! it's an illness and a hunger that needs to be fed, and that gentlemen costs money, So what was it you fancied spending your tax rebates on...?

Me? well if I'd had a windfall courteousy of the IRS, then I'd fancy a stab at some of those delicious looking Buzz Rickson A2's, so that might mean a wee jaunt to Nippon one of these days!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points