Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Teeny-bopper movie - the best, or the most bizarre?

Naphtali

Practically Family
I went power crazy securing movies online. One of the "mystery movies" I just viewed, titled "Adventures in Babysitting," verges on the unexplainable. Although clearly a teeny-bopper movie of the 1980s, someone snuck into it some wonderful blues musicians - Koko Taylor singing "Evil (is going on)," blues guitarist Albert Collins, and Sam Cook.

Probably because of its musical surprises, possibly because its plot is not a total loss, I enjoyed what I anticipated would be an insult.

I wonder how many middle class white kids from the suburbs were saved from years of Frankie Avalon and Fabian because they saw this movie by . . . mistake?

To me the two definitive teeny-bopper movies of the '80s are Fast Times at Ridgmont High and Ferris Bueller's Day Off. In the case of Fast Times its a nostalgia piece for me as it came out the year I graduated from high school so I remember that whole scene very well.

Hmmmm... I think I just dated myself :(

Mickey Caesar

Familiar Face
V.C. Brunswick said:
To me the two definitive teeny-bopper movies of the '80s are Fast Times at Ridgmont High and Ferris Bueller's Day Off. In the case of Fast Times its a nostalgia piece for me as it came out the year I graduated from high school so I remember that whole scene very well.

Hmmmm... I think I just dated myself :(
What about all the "Brat Pack" movies like The Breakfast Club

CopperNY

A-List Customer
"Fast Times..." was such a phenomenon at the time. wow. the first time i ever saw a Sony Walkman a senior in my high school was showing off the double cassette soundtrack for the movie.

one surprisingly good teen movie is "Ten Things I Hate About You".

[being an updated version of "The Taming of the Shrew". still miss Heath Ledger.]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldBoot